Lancers Take Down Stars, 4-1
RALSTON, NE - The Omaha Lancers defeated the Lincoln Stars by a final score of 4-1 on Friday night.
In the first period, and on the first power-play of the night, Tyler Carpenter (12:27) tipped the puck past Ryan Ouellette to get the Lancers on the board. Omaha kept the 1-0 lead and outshot the Stars 13-4 after the first period.
In the second period, Zach Urdahl (8:43) evened the game on the power-play. The Lancers took back the lead when Owen Fowler (15:55) netted his first goal as a Lancer. The Lancers kept the 2-1 lead heading into the second intermission and outshot the Stars 25-19 through the second period.
In the third period, the Lancers netted two empty goals. The first coming from Owen Fowler (18:24) and the second from Ryan Lautenbach (19:54) for a final score of 4-1. The Lancers outshot the Stars 39-25.
The Lancers are now 10-8 on the year with 20 points in the Western Conference. The Lancers and Stars return to action tomorrow night at the Ice Box. The puck drop is at 7:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2021
- Comeback Falls Short, Stampede Lose 4-3 - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Hawks Find Early Trouble in Dubuque - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Stars Come up Short in Omaha - Lincoln Stars
- Savoie and Kurth Shine in Dubuque 7-4 Win over Waterloo - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Lancers Take Down Stars, 4-1 - Omaha Lancers
- Strong Second Period Lifts Musketeers Past Sioux Falls - Sioux City Musketeers
- Skorpik's 27-Save Night Leads Lumberjacks Past Gamblers - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Jacob Bauer Called up to Western Michigan - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Set for Another Road Game against Force - Tri-City Storm
- Tonight's Game Postponed Due to Travel Conditions - Chicago Steel
- Force Drop Game 1 of the Weekend to Tri-City - Fargo Force
- Musketeers Drop Overtime Thriller - Sioux City Musketeers
- Storm Open Three-Game Road Series with 5-2 Win over Force - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.