Flying Squirrels, COTU Hosting Retirement Party for Chin Music on Friday
FUNNVILLE - The Richmond Flying Squirrels and Center of the Universe Brewing Company (COTU) are hosting a retirement party for Chin Music at The Diamond during Friday night's game. As part of the event, fans will be able to vote on a new Flying Squirrels beer from COTU that will be introduced in 2020.
The Flying Squirrels and COTU debuted the Chin Music Vienna-style amber lager in March 2014.
"We can't believe Chin Music is wrapping up its sixth season with the Squirrels," COTU co-founder Chris Ray said. "It has had a great career and we couldn't be more proud of the partnership it has formed. But, there are new prospects ready for their shot. We are sad to see Chin Music head into retirement, but we can't control our excitement for its replacement debut in 2020."
During Friday's retirement party in the Funnville Fan Zone, fans 21 & older will be able to purchase Chin Music and can take home free Chin Music koozies (while supplies last).
There will be a taste-testing set up with three new options from COTU, where fans can sample and vote for their favorite. The winner will be announced this fall and a contest will be held to name the new beer.
"We've had an All-Star year here in Funnville and are already planning on a great 2020, including the introduction of our new beer with Center of the Universe," Flying Squirrels VP & COO Todd "Parney" Parnell said. "We have appreciated our relationship with COTU over the last six years and we are looking forward to seeing it continue to grow."
The new beer from COTU and the Flying Squirrels will debut in the spring of 2020.
Chin Music celebrated its fifth anniversary during the 2018 season with a special, limited edition can. This year, Chin Music cans sported a refreshed look to celebrate the Flying Squirrels' 2019 Eastern League All-Star Week.
The Flying Squirrels open a six-game homestand on Friday night at The Diamond. For tickets or more information, visit SquirrelsBaseball.com/Tickets, call 804-359-FUNN (3866) or stop by the Flying Squirrels offices.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 14, 2019
- Baysox Earn Second Straight Shutout, 4-0 - Bowie Baysox
- Big Fifth Inning Leads 8-1 Thunder Win - Trenton Thunder
- Trenton Blasts RubberDucks, 8-1 - Akron RubberDucks
- Baumann Leads Baysox over Squirrels with Complete-Game Shutout - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Curve Edge Senators, 3-0, in Extra Innings - Altoona Curve
- Ponies Blanked by Fisher Cats in Pitchers' Duel - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Altoona Quiets Senators, 3-0 - Harrisburg Senators
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineups vs. Altoona - Harrisburg Senators
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Reading Fightin Phils - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs Ready to Welcome 10 Millionth Fan - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #120: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (25-30, 60-59) vs. New Hampshire Fisher Cats (21-32, 52-68) - 6:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 14th at Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels, COTU Hosting Retirement Party for Chin Music on Friday - Richmond Flying Squirrels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Richmond Flying Squirrels Stories
- Flying Squirrels President Lou DiBella Elected to International Boxing Hall of Fame
- Brian Jordan Headlining Flying Squirrels' Annual Hot Stove Banquet
- Trio of Events on Tap this Week at the Diamond
- Flying Squirrels, Center of the Universe Brewing Reveal Finalists for New Beer Name
- Name Submissions for New Flying Squirrels, COTU Beer Now Open