Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineups vs. Altoona
Harrisburg Senators (22-27) vs. Altoona Curve (23-29)
Game 120 - 2nd Half Game 50 - Wednesday, August 14 at 6:30 p.m.
FNB Field - Harrisburg, PA
RH Kyle McGowin (0-1, 4.30) vs. LH Cam Vieaux (2-3, 2.86)
Tonight's Senators Starting Lineup:
Andrew Stevenson, LF
Luis Garcia, SS
Adrian Sanchez, 3B
Michael A. Taylor, CF
Tres Barrera, C
Dante Bichette, Jr., 2B
T. J. Rivera, 1B
Rhett Wiseman, RF
Kyle McGowin, P
The Senators outlasted Altoona and snapped their three-game losing streak with a 13-10 win Tuesday night at FNB Field. Twice in the game the Sens sent nine batters to the plate and scored five runs. Every Senator position played had a hit in the game and scored. Nine different hitters on the two teams had at least two hits. Dante Bichette, Jr. had four hits and two triples while driving in three and scoring twice. Altoona had a 2-1 lead into the third inning when the Sens tallied five runs for the first of two times.
The Senators and Altoona Curve play game two of a three-game series at FNB Field tonight. Harrisburg is 8-6 Altoona this season including going 3-1 against the Curve at home.
Harrisburg is 4-6 in their past 10 games. Overall this season they're 64-55 which would put them 4.5 games behind Erie in third place in the Western Division.
Harrisburg went 15-12 in July, the second month this season with a winning record. The Sens are 17-14 since the all-star break.
ABOUT THE ALTOONA CURVE
The Curve are the Double-A affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. They play their home games at Peoples Natural Gas Field in Altoona, PA. The franchise was born in 1999. They've been an affiliate of the Pirates since 1999. They've won two E.L. Championships (2004 & 2017)
They're 23-29 and 14.0 games behind Erie. They're 4-6 in their last 10 games and 28-31 on the road this season. They finished the first half 36-32, 5.0 games behind the Senators.
August 4-7, .241, 8 HR, 53 Runs (4.8 rpg) and a 4.52 ERA.
July 15-12, .245, 14 HR, 121 Runs (4.5 rpg) and a 3.52 ERA.
June 11-16, .243, 12 HR, 97 Runs (3.6 rpg) and a 3.21 ERA.
May 13-16, .224, 17 HR, 103 Runs (3.5 rpg) and a 4.03 ERA.
April 21-4, .250, 28 HR, 110 Runs (4.4 rpg) and a 2.66 ERA. (Best April in Senators history)
Of the 25 active players, 15 were originally drafted or signed by the Nats, 10 AA rookies, 7 players MLB experience and 19 that were in the Nats organization last year. The Sens have had 16 players make their AA debuts this year.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 14, 2019
- Baysox Earn Second Straight Shutout, 4-0 - Bowie Baysox
- Big Fifth Inning Leads 8-1 Thunder Win - Trenton Thunder
- Trenton Blasts RubberDucks, 8-1 - Akron RubberDucks
- Baumann Leads Baysox over Squirrels with Complete-Game Shutout - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Curve Edge Senators, 3-0, in Extra Innings - Altoona Curve
- Ponies Blanked by Fisher Cats in Pitchers' Duel - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Altoona Quiets Senators, 3-0 - Harrisburg Senators
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineups vs. Altoona - Harrisburg Senators
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Reading Fightin Phils - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs Ready to Welcome 10 Millionth Fan - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #120: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (25-30, 60-59) vs. New Hampshire Fisher Cats (21-32, 52-68) - 6:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 14th at Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels, COTU Hosting Retirement Party for Chin Music on Friday - Richmond Flying Squirrels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Harrisburg Senators Release 2021 Schedule
- Senators Invited to Remain Nationals Double-A Affiliate
- Senators Eliminated with 12-5 Loss
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup vs. Bowie - Game 4 WDCS
- Early Deficit too Much for Senators to Overcome