Curve Edge Senators, 3-0, in Extra Innings
HARRISBURG, Pa. - In the top of the 10th inning, Oneil Cruz singled home the first score run of the night before Logan Hill blasted a two-run homer to lift the Altoona Curve to a 3-0 win over the Harrisburg Senators on Wednesday at FNB Field.
The Curve (60-61, 24-29) and Senators (64-56, 22-28) were scoreless after nine innings just one night removed from a 23-run affair that Harrisburg won on Tuesday.
After Jared Oliva popped up a bunt to third for the first out of the first extra inning, Cruz singled the first pitch he saw from Bryan Bonnell (Loss, 2-5) into center that scored the placed runner from second. Hill hammered the next pitch over the left field wall to cushion the new lead.
Cam Vieaux led the shutout for the Curve, holding Harrisburg to their only two hits in the game, both by Dante Bichette Jr., over six scoreless innings. Bichette doubled in the second for the first Senators hit. Following one of four two-out walks by Vieaux later that inning, the left-hander threw a wild pitch that advanced Bichette to third prior to a groundout that ended the threat.
Vieaux's final out of the fifth was hit by Adrian Sanchez and it sent right fielder Bligh Madris to the front of the fence before he caught the ball.
Harrisburg's Kyle McGowin faced minimum through four innings and equaled Vieaux's six shutout innings. The Curve scattered four hits against the right-hander and did not have a runner reach third base until Chris Sharpe scored on Cruz's single in the 10th.
Jesus Liranzo pitched two hitless innings to get the Curve through the seventh and eighth. He walked one hitter with two outs in the eighth and struck out his first two hitters in the seventh.
Blake Cederlind (Win, 5-0) sat down Harrisburg 1-2-3 in the ninth and retired the side in order to end the game in the 10th.
For the Senators, Austen Williams, Jacob Condra-Bogan and newly-signed Greg Holland all threw scoreless innings before Bonnell surrendered the three Curve scores in the 10th inning.
Hill went 3-for-4 with a homer and double for the second straight night. Darnell Sweeney reached base three times with two singles and a walk.
The series wraps up on Thursday at 7 p.m. with right-hander Cody Bolton (2-2, 4.85) making the start for the Curve and right-hander Tyler Mapes (5-6, 4.81) taking the mound for Harrisburg.
The Curve return for a six-game homestand on Friday to host the Bowie Baysox and Hartford Yard Goats in a pair of three-game series. For tickets or more information about upcoming promotions, visit AltoonaCurve.com, call 877.99.CURVE or stop by the PNG Field box office. Additionally, the Stockyard Team Store is open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., during every home game and online 24/7/365.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 14, 2019
- Baysox Earn Second Straight Shutout, 4-0 - Bowie Baysox
- Big Fifth Inning Leads 8-1 Thunder Win - Trenton Thunder
- Trenton Blasts RubberDucks, 8-1 - Akron RubberDucks
- Baumann Leads Baysox over Squirrels with Complete-Game Shutout - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Curve Edge Senators, 3-0, in Extra Innings - Altoona Curve
- Ponies Blanked by Fisher Cats in Pitchers' Duel - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Altoona Quiets Senators, 3-0 - Harrisburg Senators
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineups vs. Altoona - Harrisburg Senators
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Reading Fightin Phils - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs Ready to Welcome 10 Millionth Fan - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #120: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (25-30, 60-59) vs. New Hampshire Fisher Cats (21-32, 52-68) - 6:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 14th at Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels, COTU Hosting Retirement Party for Chin Music on Friday - Richmond Flying Squirrels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Altoona Curve Stories
- Curve Extend Partnership with Flagship Radio Station
- New Coaching Staff to Lead the Curve in 2020
- Curve to Hold National Anthem Tryouts for 2020 Season
- Altoona Curve Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball
- VA Medical Center, Curve Host Veterans Recognition Event