Florida Panthers Sign Logan Shaw to Entry-Level Contract
SUNRISE, Fla . - Florida Panthers Executive VP/General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that the club has signed F Logan Shaw to an entry-level contract.
Shaw, 20, finished second on the Quebec Remparts (QMJHL) in scoring, recording 68 points (26-42-68) in 67 games while also finishing with a team-high +30 during the 2012-13 regular season. He added eight points (3-5-8) in 11 playoff games. The 6-foot-3, 204-pound forward was awarded the Marius Fortier Trophy, an award given to the Remparts player most involved in the community.
The Glace Bay, Nova Scotia native played in 311 games for Cape Breton (2008-12) and Quebec (2012-13) posting 187 points (86-101-187) and 173 PIM during his major junior career. Shaw played for Team Atlantic at the 2009 World U-17 Hockey Challenge, recording two assists in five games.
Shaw was selected by Florida in the third round (76th overall) in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Florida hosts the New York Rangers tomorrow night at 7:30 p.m. The game can be seen live on Fox Sports Florida and heard on 560 WQAM.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 22, 2013
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Recall Eight from Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Four Phantoms Headed to Philly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Florida Panthers Recall Colby Robak - San Antonio Rampage
- Worcester Sharks 2012-13 Season Wrap up - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Florida Panthers Sign Logan Shaw to Entry-Level Contract - San Antonio Rampage
- Hogs Go Down Fighting, Finish Season with 42 Wins - Rockford IceHogs
- Portland Pirates Announce 20th Anniversary All-Time Team - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Assign Chad Johnson and Nick Johnson to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Iowa Wild to hit the ice this fall - Iowa Wild
- Hellberg Named AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Dowell, Harding and Veilleux from Houston - Houston Aeros
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Milwaukee's Magnus Hellberg Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Savard Assigned to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Whale Weekly, April 22-28 - Connecticut Whale
- Jets Recall Redmond from Conditioning Assignment with IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Last-Day Ticket Punch - Hershey Bears
- Bruins Announce Dates for Conference Quarterfinals - Providence Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids