Minnesota Wild Recalls Dowell, Harding and Veilleux from Houston
Houston, TX - Minnesota Wild General Manager Chuck Fletcher on Monday announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled forwards Jake Dowell and Stephane Veilleux and goaltender Josh Harding (activated off of Injured Reserve) from the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League (AHL) and reassigned forwards Mikael Granlund and Jason Zucker and goaltender Darcy Kuemper to Houston.
Dowell, 28 (3/4/85), recorded nine points (4-59) and 34 penalty minutes (PIM) in 37 games with Houston this season. The 6-foot, 202-pound native of Eau Claire, Wisc., was signed by the Wild as a free agent July 4, 2012. Dowell has skated in 154 NHL games with Chicago and Dallas, posting 33 points (11-2233) and 133 PIM. He was originally selected by Chicago in the fifth-round (No. 140 overall) of the 20204 NHL Entry Draft. Dowell wears No. 18 for Minnesota.
Veilleux, 31 (11/16/81), notched eight points (3-58) and 45 PIM in 33 games with the Aeros this season. The 6-foot-2, 190-pound native of St. Georges de Beauce, Que., collected two assists and 15 PIM in 21 games with Minnesota last season after being acquired in a trade with New Jersey on Feb. 24, 2012. He also collected 22 points (11-1122) and 53 PIM in 40 games with the Albany Devils (AHL) and skated in one game with the New Jersey Devils. Veilleux has recorded 101 points (46-55101) and 317 PIM in 460 career NHL games with Minnesota, Tampa Bay and New Jersey including 92 points (43-4992) and 269 PIM in 382 games with the Wild. Veilleux ranks eighth on the franchise's all-time games played list and 10th in PIM. He was originally selected by Minnesota in the third-round (No. 93 overall) of the 2001 NHL Entry Draft. Veilleux wears No. 19 for the Wild.
Harding, 28 (6/18/84), went 1-1-0 stopping 56-of-61 shots faced for a 3.00 goals-against-average (GAA) and a .918 save percentage (SV%) in two starts with Houston after being assigned to the Aeros on a conditioning assignment April 16. He is 1-1-0 with a 2.92 GAA, a .885 SV% and one shutout in four games with Minnesota this season The 6-foot-1, 199-pound native of Regina, Sask., has appeared in 121 games (98 starts) with Minnesota in parts of seven NHL seasons, going 42-52-8 with a 2.65 GAA, a .915 SV% and seven shutouts. Harding was selected by the Wild in the second-round (No. 38 overall) of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.
Granlund, 21 (2/26/92), collected eight points (2-68) in 27 games with Minnesota this season. The 5-foot-10, 186-pound native of Oulu, Fin., recorded 28 points (10-1828) in 29 games with the Aeros this season. He was Minnesota's first-round pick (ninth overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
Kuemper, 22 (5/5/90), was 1-2-0 with a 2.08 GAA and a .916 SV% in six games (three starts) with the Wild this season. He was 13-8-0 with a 1.88 GAA, a .934 SV% and four shutouts in 21 games with the Aeros. The 6-foot-5, 207-pound native of Saskatoon, Sask., was the Wild's sixth-round selection (No. 161 overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Zucker, 21 (1/16/92), totaled five points (4-15) and was a plus-four rating in 19 games with the Wild this season. He ranked second in scoring on the Aeros with 50 points (24-2650) in 55 contests and was named to the 2012-13 AHL All-Rookie Team.
Tickets can be purchased at aeros.com, the Toyota Center Box Office and select area Randalls locations. Fans may call 1-866-GO-AEROS or 713-974-PUCK for Full Playoff Packages or to book a group night.
Calder Cup Playoff ticket information is available on www.aeros.com . Groups of 15 or more receive a discount on all tickets, to book your group outing to an Aeros Calder Cup Playoff game please call 713-974-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 22, 2013
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Recall Eight from Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Four Phantoms Headed to Philly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Florida Panthers Recall Colby Robak - San Antonio Rampage
- Worcester Sharks 2012-13 Season Wrap up - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Florida Panthers Sign Logan Shaw to Entry-Level Contract - San Antonio Rampage
- Hogs Go Down Fighting, Finish Season with 42 Wins - Rockford IceHogs
- Portland Pirates Announce 20th Anniversary All-Time Team - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Assign Chad Johnson and Nick Johnson to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Iowa Wild to hit the ice this fall - Iowa Wild
- Hellberg Named AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Dowell, Harding and Veilleux from Houston - Houston Aeros
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Milwaukee's Magnus Hellberg Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Savard Assigned to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Whale Weekly, April 22-28 - Connecticut Whale
- Jets Recall Redmond from Conditioning Assignment with IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Last-Day Ticket Punch - Hershey Bears
- Bruins Announce Dates for Conference Quarterfinals - Providence Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.