Coyotes Assign Chad Johnson and Nick Johnson to Portland
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney announced today that the Coyotes have assigned goaltender Chad Johnson and forward Nick Johnson to the Portland Pirates, the Coyotes American Hockey League affiliate (AHL).
The 6-foot-3, 205-pound Chad Johnson has made four starts for the Coyotes this season posting a 2-0-2 record with a 1.21 goals against average (GAA) and .954 save percentage (SV%). He recorded 21 saves in his first career NHL shutout against Nashville on Jan. 28, 2013.
The 26-year-old native of Calgary, Alberta has also appeared in 34 games with the Pirates this season posting a 16-15-1 record with a 3.00 GAA and .903 SV%.
Johnson was originally drafted by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the fifth round (125th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Nick Johnson has appeared in 17 games with the Coyotes this season totaling 4-2-6 and a plus-3 rating. He has also posted 3-6-9 and 13 penalty minutes (PIM) in 14 games with the Pirates in 2012-13.
The 27-year-old native of Calgary, Alberta has recorded 14-23-37 and 52 PIM in 104 career NHL games. Johnson was originally drafted by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the third round (67th overall) in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 22, 2013
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Recall Eight from Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Four Phantoms Headed to Philly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Florida Panthers Recall Colby Robak - San Antonio Rampage
- Worcester Sharks 2012-13 Season Wrap up - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Florida Panthers Sign Logan Shaw to Entry-Level Contract - San Antonio Rampage
- Hogs Go Down Fighting, Finish Season with 42 Wins - Rockford IceHogs
- Portland Pirates Announce 20th Anniversary All-Time Team - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Assign Chad Johnson and Nick Johnson to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Iowa Wild to hit the ice this fall - Iowa Wild
- Hellberg Named AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Dowell, Harding and Veilleux from Houston - Houston Aeros
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Milwaukee's Magnus Hellberg Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Savard Assigned to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Whale Weekly, April 22-28 - Connecticut Whale
- Jets Recall Redmond from Conditioning Assignment with IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Last-Day Ticket Punch - Hershey Bears
- Bruins Announce Dates for Conference Quarterfinals - Providence Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.