Four Phantoms Headed to Philly
As the Flyers approach their final three games of the regular season they will have plenty of players to fill out the game roster as four Adirondack Phantoms will join the club to boost the total.
The club announced today that they have recalled forwards Jason Akeson, Scott Laughton and Tye McGinn, as well as defenseman Matt Konan from their AHL affiliate, the Adirondack Phantoms.
For Akeson and Konan, the last week of the season with Philadelphia represents an opportunity for both to potentially make their NHL debuts. McGinn and Laughton each spent time with the Flyers this season.
Jason Akeson led the Phantoms in scoring this past season, posting 20 goals and 33 assists for 53 points in 62 games with Adirondack. He began the season with the club's ECHL affiliate, the Trenton Titans, where he had 10 points (2g-8a) in 14 games. This is the first NHL call-up for Akeson who has led the Phantoms in scoring for two straight seasons and has the most career points (108) in Adirondack Phantoms history.
Scott Laughton made the opening roster and appeared in the first five games with the Flyers, going scoreless while posting 10 shots on goal and 11:31 of average ice-time per game. The Flyers first-round selection (20th overall) played in six games in the last two weeks of the regular season with Adirondack. The 18-year-old from the Oshawa Generals scored his first career professional goal on Saturday, April 13 against Connecticut. He was teamed with fellow Philly call-ups Akeson and McGinn on the same line in his time with the Phantoms.
Tye McGinn appeared in 18 games for the Flyers, recording three goals and two assists for five points and 19 penalty minutes. He also missed six games due to a broken orbital bone. In his second professional season, McGinn had 14 goals and 12 assists for 26 points with Adirondack in 46 games.
Matt Konan was briefly recalled by the Flyers on Apr. 16 along with defenseman Brandon Manning, to be available for the Flyers-Rangers game, but did not dress. He appeared in 42 games with Adirondack where he has two goals and four assists for six points in his first season of pro hockey.
Each player will practice with the squad and be available to be inserted into the line-up as well.
The Flyers play the final three games of the regular season this week when they take on the Boston Bruins (Tuesday) and NY Islanders (Thursday) before traveling to Ottawa to take on the Senators on Saturday night..
13 different players skated for both the Adirondack Phantom and the Philadelphia Flyers this season. If Jason Akeson and Matt Konan make their debuts this week then that would increase the number to 15.
The list of those who have played for both Adirondack and Philadelphia this year includes:
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 22, 2013
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Recall Eight from Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Four Phantoms Headed to Philly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Florida Panthers Recall Colby Robak - San Antonio Rampage
- Worcester Sharks 2012-13 Season Wrap up - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Florida Panthers Sign Logan Shaw to Entry-Level Contract - San Antonio Rampage
- Hogs Go Down Fighting, Finish Season with 42 Wins - Rockford IceHogs
- Portland Pirates Announce 20th Anniversary All-Time Team - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Assign Chad Johnson and Nick Johnson to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Iowa Wild to hit the ice this fall - Iowa Wild
- Hellberg Named AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Dowell, Harding and Veilleux from Houston - Houston Aeros
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Milwaukee's Magnus Hellberg Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Savard Assigned to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Whale Weekly, April 22-28 - Connecticut Whale
- Jets Recall Redmond from Conditioning Assignment with IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Last-Day Ticket Punch - Hershey Bears
- Bruins Announce Dates for Conference Quarterfinals - Providence Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.