Milwaukee's Magnus Hellberg Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
April 22, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Milwaukee Admirals goaltender Magnus Hellberg has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Apr. 21, 2013.
With a Calder Cup Playoff berth on the line, Hellberg was a perfect 4-0-0 with a 1.50 goals-against average, a .936 save percentage and two shutouts last week to help send Milwaukee to the postseason for the 11th consecutive season.
Entering the week tied with Chicago and two points out of eighth place in the Western Conference, the Admirals got a 15-save effort from Hellberg on Tuesday night in a crucial 3-2 victory over the Wolves. On Friday night, Hellberg made 10 of his 26 stops in the third period as Milwaukee rallied for a 6-4 win over Charlotte. In Saturday's rematch with the Wolves in Chicago, Hellberg made 27 saves in a 2-0 decision, and needing a point on the season's final day to earn a playoff spot, he turned in a second consecutive shutout, stopping 20 shots in a 3-0 win at Peoria.
Hellberg completed the 2012-13 regular season with a record of 22-13-0, ranking fourth in the league with a 2.14 goals-against average, fourth with a .924 save percentage and tied for second with six shutouts. The 22-year-old Hellberg, a native of Uppsala, Sweden, was a second-round choice (38th overall) by the Nashville Predators in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
In recognition of his achievement, Hellberg will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Admirals home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 22, 2013
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Recall Eight from Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Four Phantoms Headed to Philly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Florida Panthers Recall Colby Robak - San Antonio Rampage
- Worcester Sharks 2012-13 Season Wrap up - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Florida Panthers Sign Logan Shaw to Entry-Level Contract - San Antonio Rampage
- Hogs Go Down Fighting, Finish Season with 42 Wins - Rockford IceHogs
- Portland Pirates Announce 20th Anniversary All-Time Team - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Assign Chad Johnson and Nick Johnson to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Iowa Wild to hit the ice this fall - Iowa Wild
- Hellberg Named AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Dowell, Harding and Veilleux from Houston - Houston Aeros
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Milwaukee's Magnus Hellberg Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Savard Assigned to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Whale Weekly, April 22-28 - Connecticut Whale
- Jets Recall Redmond from Conditioning Assignment with IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Last-Day Ticket Punch - Hershey Bears
- Bruins Announce Dates for Conference Quarterfinals - Providence Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.