Savard Assigned to Falcons
Springfield, Mass. - The Northeast Division-champion Springfield Falcons announced on Monday that defenseman David Savard has been assigned to the club by its NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Savard, a third-year pro, finished second during the regular season among Springfield defensemen with 31 points (5g-26a) in 60 games. He is scoreless in four outings with Columbus this season. In 176-career appearances with the Falcons, Savard has accumulated 96 points (20g-76a). His 76 assists place him 10th in team history. A native of St. Hyacinthe, Quebec, Savard has registered 10 points (2g-8a) in 35-career NHL games. The 22-year-old was selected by Columbus in the fourth round (94th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Springfield kicks off the 2013 Calder Cup Playoffs against the Manchester Monarchs in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals.
The Falcons, the Eastern Conference's second seed, will host the first two contests of the series at the MassMutual Center. Game 1 will be played on Saturday, Apr. 27 at 7 p.m., with Game 2 following on Sunday, Apr. 28 at 4 p.m.
The Monarchs, the seventh seed, will host Game 3 at the Verizon Wireless Arena on Thursday, May 2 at 7 p.m. Game 4, if necessary, will take place in Manchester on Saturday, May 4 at 7 p.m.
Should the series go the distance, Springfield would host Game 5 on Sunday, May 5 at 4 p.m.
Below is the Falcons' opening-round schedule:
Game 1 - Saturday, Apr. 27, 7 p.m. MassMutual Center
Game 2 - Sunday, Apr. 28, 4 p.m., MassMutual Center
Game 3 - Thursday, May 2, 7 p.m., Verizon Wireless Arena
Game 4 - Saturday, May 4, 7 p.m., Verizon Wireless Arena (if necessary)
Game 5 - Sunday, May 5, 4 p.m., MassMutual Center (if necessary)
Single-game tickets to watch the Falcons compete in postseason action are on sale now at the MassMutual Center Box Office, or online at Ticketmaster.com. For information on cost-saving ticket packages, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 22, 2013
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Recall Eight from Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Four Phantoms Headed to Philly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Florida Panthers Recall Colby Robak - San Antonio Rampage
- Worcester Sharks 2012-13 Season Wrap up - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Florida Panthers Sign Logan Shaw to Entry-Level Contract - San Antonio Rampage
- Hogs Go Down Fighting, Finish Season with 42 Wins - Rockford IceHogs
- Portland Pirates Announce 20th Anniversary All-Time Team - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Assign Chad Johnson and Nick Johnson to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Iowa Wild to hit the ice this fall - Iowa Wild
- Hellberg Named AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Dowell, Harding and Veilleux from Houston - Houston Aeros
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Milwaukee's Magnus Hellberg Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Savard Assigned to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Whale Weekly, April 22-28 - Connecticut Whale
- Jets Recall Redmond from Conditioning Assignment with IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Last-Day Ticket Punch - Hershey Bears
- Bruins Announce Dates for Conference Quarterfinals - Providence Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.