Florida Panthers Recall G Sam Montembeault from Springfield
SUNRISE, Fla. - Florida Panthers President of Hockey Operations & General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that the club has recalled goaltender Sam Montembeault from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Springfield Thunderbirds.
Montembeault, 22, has appeared in 36 games for Springfield, owning a 13-14-7 record, a 3.17 goals against average, .900 save percentage and one shutout. The 6-foot-3, 208-pound native of Becancour, Quebec, represented Springfield at the 2019 AHL All-Star Classic.
Over his first two professional seasons, Montembeault has appeared in 77 career AHL games, posting a 26-37-10 mark, 3.21 goals against average, .898 save percentage and three shutouts.
He was originally selected by Florida in the third round (77th overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft.
Additionally, goaltender Roberto Luongo will be away from the team on bereavement leave.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 17, 2019
- Quine Hat Trick Guides Stockton Past Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Quine's Hat Trick Leads Stockton to 6-3 Win over Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Recall Bunting from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Davidson, IceHogs Edge Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Comeback Falls Just Short - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Malenstyn Scores Twice, Bears Top Phantoms 4-3 - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Clipped by Comets in Overtime, 5-4 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Scare off Monsters in Overtime Thriller - Utica Comets
- Admirals End Moose Streak at Home - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Seize Overtime Win - Chicago Wolves
- Iowa Falls to Chicago 2-1 in Overtime - Iowa Wild
- Penguins Defeat Wolf Pack in Overtime, 5-4 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Agozzino Receives Call up to NHL, Dries and Toninato Return - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Rout Devils 5-1 to Close out Busy Weekend - Rochester Americans
- Ho-Sang scores natural hat trick as part of five-point effort on Sunday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Edges Wolf Pack in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Devils End Weekend with 5-1 Loss to Amerks - Binghamton Devils
- P-Bruins Fall 5-1 to T-Birds - Providence Bruins
- Six Unanswered Strikes Sink Charlotte in 7-3 Loss - Charlotte Checkers
- Wideman, Driedger Lead T-Birds to Convincing Win in Providence - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Ottawa Reassigns Rodewald to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Sabres Recall Nelson - Rochester Americans
- Heat Seek Weekend Sweep of Colorado Sunday - Stockton Heat
- Coyotes Assign Dvorak to Tucson for Conditioning - Tucson Roadrunners
- Florida Panthers Recall G Sam Montembeault from Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Archibald, Gustavsson Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 5:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Jets Reassign Tucker Poolman to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Mitchell's Goal Pushes Reign to OT Point - Ontario Reign
- Condors Work OT for 15th Straight Win, 2-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Four-Score and Shootout Ago, Hogs Mount Wild Comeback - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- Panthers Loan F Henrik Borgstrom to Springfield
- T-Birds Outlast Phantoms in See-Saw Shootout Battle
- Driedger, T-Birds Edged out by Wolf Pack, 1-0
- T-Birds Await Two Atlantic Division Tests on Road
- Special Teams Pivotal in T-Birds Breakout Win at Providence