Five Rush Players Invited to AHL Camps
(RAPID CITY, SD) - The Rapid City Rush, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Arizona Coyotes and AHL's Springfield Falcons, announced today that five Rush players signed to the roster for the 2015-16 ECHL season have been invited to training camps in the American Hockey League.
Forwards Kale Kerbashian, Cody Ferriero, and Daniel Barczuk have been invited to the training camp of the Springfield Falcons, the AHL affiliate of the Rush and of the NHL's Arizona Coyotes. Forward Zach Cohen has been invited to the training camp of the Chicago Wolves, the AHL affiliate of the NHL's St. Louis Blues. Lastly, rookie defenseman Brian O'Rourke has been invited to the training camp of the Iowa Wild, the AHL affiliate of the NHL's Minnesota Wild.
"It's always important from a coaching standpoint to see your players get rewarded for having a great season last year, and we're very excited for Cody, Kale and Danny to head to Springfield's camp in our first season as affiliated organizations," said Rush Head Coach and GM, Joe Ferras. "All three have trained extremely hard this summer in preparing for the upcoming season and heading to Springfield's training camp will allow each of these players to get a great start to this season."
Ferras added on O'Rourke: "With Brian, having a tremendous career at the University of Nebraska-Omaha, going to an American Hockey League camp will ease his transition into the pro game as well as be an invaluable experience to see how AHL players prepare both on and off the ice on a daily basis."
Concluding on Cohen, Ferras said: "Zach is no stranger to the AHL, with 120+ games of experience. This will get Zach back into the mode of playing North American-style hockey after having two great seasons in Europe, and show that he is still very capable at playing at the AHL level."
The Rush will announce the schedule of their training camp, which is open to the public, within the next week. Stay tuned on www.rapidcityrush.com, the Rapid City Rush Mobile App, and our social media platforms for the release of the 2015-16 training camp schedule.
Other Rush News:
Join Rush Nation for only $10 per game! Call the Rush office at 716-7825 for details, and stay informed on all Rush happenings this summer through the official Rapid City Rush team website, www.RapidCityRush.com, and the Rapid City Rush mobile app, available on iTunes and Google Play.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 24, 2015
- Rush Medical Team Signs On For Eighth Season - Rapid City Rush
- New Additions Round out Hockey Operations Staff - Norfolk Admirals
- Five Rush Players Invited to AHL Camps - Rapid City Rush
- Missouri Agrees to Terms with Kellen and Connor Jones - Kansas City Mavericks
- Seven Mallards Bound for AHL Camps - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Bring Back Perry and Wysopal - Cincinnati Cyclones
- IceMen Reveal Promotional Calendar, Back to the Future Jerseys - Evansville IceMen
- Kwas Returns to Eagles for 2015-16 Season - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Trade Rights to Moffie to Missouri for Rights to Pacan - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Acquire Rights to Greg Wolfe - Adirondack Thunder
- Aces Acquire Maxwell from Adirondack - Alaska Aces
- Baldwin Named Assistant Coach of the Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Champions Sign Ludwig and Clarke - Allen Americans
- Beast Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Dates and Roster Hopefuls - Brampton Beast
- Ortio on a Mission - Adirondack Thunder
- Seven Royals to Participate in AHL Training Camps - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbit Fever Sweeping the Nation - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.