Missouri Agrees to Terms with Kellen and Connor Jones
INDEPENDENCE, MO (Sept. 24, 2015) - The Missouri Mavericks announced Thursday afternoon that they have signed forwards Kellen Jones and Connor Jones to standard player contracts ahead of their 2015-16 season in the ECHL.
"Kellen and Connor are two very skilled players who know how to put the puck in the net," said Richard Matvichuk, Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations. "Both of these guys have played over forty games at the next level, and we are very excited to get them in Mavericks jerseys."
Twin brothers Kellen Jones and Connor Jones hail from Montrose, British Columbia. The 5'10", 185lb forwards both notched significant playing time with the American Hockey League's (AHL) Oklahoma City Barons and the Bakersfield Condors (ECHL) during the 2014-15 season, combining for seventy-six (76) points (26G,50A).
Kellen was drafted by the Edmonton Oilers (Round 7, 202 Overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
"We are very excited to be a part of the Missouri Mavericks organization and the chance to play for Coach Matvichuk this fall," said Kellan Jones.
Both Kellan and Connor have spent their entire playing careers together, from junior hockey with the Vernon Vipers (BCHL), four seasons at Quinnipiac University (ECAC), and professionally with the Oklahoma City Barons (AHL) and Bakersfield Condors (ECHL).
"We're really looking forward to getting to town, meeting the fans, and the season getting started," added Connor Jones.
The Missouri Mavericks 2015 Training Camp opens on Friday, Oct. 2nd, leading up to the Mavs' annual Black-Orange Intra-Squad Scrimmage event on Thursday, Oct. 8th at Independence Events Center. Admission is free with suggested donation to Community Services League upon entrance. More event details are available at MissouriMavericks.com
The Mavericks will play longtime rival, the Wichita Thunder, in their home-opener on Saturday, Oct. 24 at Independence Events Center. Single-game tickets, Mini Pack Plans and Group Ticket are on sale now! Visit TicketMaster.com or call the Missouri Mavericks at 816-252-7825 to speak with a ticket representative.
Images from this story
Missouri Mavericks Forwards Connor Jones and Kellen Jones
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 24, 2015
- Rush Medical Team Signs On For Eighth Season - Rapid City Rush
- New Additions Round out Hockey Operations Staff - Norfolk Admirals
- Five Rush Players Invited to AHL Camps - Rapid City Rush
- Missouri Agrees to Terms with Kellen and Connor Jones - Kansas City Mavericks
- Seven Mallards Bound for AHL Camps - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Bring Back Perry and Wysopal - Cincinnati Cyclones
- IceMen Reveal Promotional Calendar, Back to the Future Jerseys - Evansville IceMen
- Kwas Returns to Eagles for 2015-16 Season - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Trade Rights to Moffie to Missouri for Rights to Pacan - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Acquire Rights to Greg Wolfe - Adirondack Thunder
- Aces Acquire Maxwell from Adirondack - Alaska Aces
- Baldwin Named Assistant Coach of the Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Champions Sign Ludwig and Clarke - Allen Americans
- Beast Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Dates and Roster Hopefuls - Brampton Beast
- Ortio on a Mission - Adirondack Thunder
- Seven Royals to Participate in AHL Training Camps - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbit Fever Sweeping the Nation - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- KC Continues Their Hunt for a Playoff Spot as Road Trip Closes Out
- Atlanta's Late Goals Haunt Mavericks, KC Downed 4-3
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip