Cyclones Bring Back Perry and Wysopal
CINCINNATI, OH- The Cincinnati Cyclones have announced the signing of forward Garrick Perry and defenseman Brett Wysopal for the 2015-2016 season. Both skated with the Cyclones last season.
Perry enters his first full pro season after skating in 14 games with the Cyclones at the end of last year. He signed with the 'Clones on March 12, after completing his senior season at the University of Alaska-Fairbanks.
"Garrick came in late in the season last year and played well," said Cyclones Head Coach Matt MacDonald. "He is a forward who uses his speed very well and we are excited to see him in his first full year as a pro."
Hailing from Apple Valley, MN, Perry scored is first and second professional goals on April 4, in a 4-0 shutout of the Evansville IceMen. Prior to coming to Cincinnati in early March, Perry had a stellar senior season for the Nanooks, finishing fourth on the team in scoring with 20 points (7g, 13a).
Overall, Perry notched 49 points (22g, 27a) in 118 career games at Alaska-Fairbanks, and enjoyed career highs in goals (12) and points (22) during his junior season. He was also named to the WCHA All-Academic Team in each of his final two seasons.
Wysopal returns to Cincinnati for his third professional campaign. He appeared in 28 games for the Cyclones last season, accounting for 14 assists in that time.
"Brett is coming into his third year with us and we are really happy to have him back," remarked MacDonald. "He is a player who can play in all situations, and brings speed and versatility to our defense."
A native of LaGrange Park, IL, Wysopal split the 2012-2013 season between the Cyclones and Briancon in France. He accounted for a goal and 13 assists in Cincinnati that season, and posted a 6g-24a-30p scoring line with Briancon, helping lead them to a French Cup Championship.
Prior to turning pro in 2012, Wysopal enjoyed a successful collegiate career, spending three years at Ferris State University, and one at Colorado College. In 142 career collegiate contests, Wysopal totaled seven goals and 38 assists for 45 total points, and helped Ferris State to a CCHA regular season championship in 2012.
The countdown to the 2015-16 First Face-Off is underway! The Cyclones will return to U.S. Bank Arena on Saturday, October 17 when they host the Toledo Walleye at 7:30pm. Between now and then, be on the lookout for several offseason events like Meijer Concrete Clones! 2015-16 Season Ticket Packages are available NOW! Call 513.421.PUCK to reserve your seats. Fans can also get the latest team updates throughout the offseason on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 24, 2015
- Rush Medical Team Signs On For Eighth Season - Rapid City Rush
- New Additions Round out Hockey Operations Staff - Norfolk Admirals
- Five Rush Players Invited to AHL Camps - Rapid City Rush
- Missouri Agrees to Terms with Kellen and Connor Jones - Kansas City Mavericks
- Seven Mallards Bound for AHL Camps - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Bring Back Perry and Wysopal - Cincinnati Cyclones
- IceMen Reveal Promotional Calendar, Back to the Future Jerseys - Evansville IceMen
- Kwas Returns to Eagles for 2015-16 Season - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Trade Rights to Moffie to Missouri for Rights to Pacan - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Acquire Rights to Greg Wolfe - Adirondack Thunder
- Aces Acquire Maxwell from Adirondack - Alaska Aces
- Baldwin Named Assistant Coach of the Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Champions Sign Ludwig and Clarke - Allen Americans
- Beast Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Dates and Roster Hopefuls - Brampton Beast
- Ortio on a Mission - Adirondack Thunder
- Seven Royals to Participate in AHL Training Camps - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbit Fever Sweeping the Nation - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cincinnati Cyclones Stories
- Cyclones Release Schedule for Central Division Finals
- Cyclones Advance to Second Round Following Shutout Win
- Cyclones Game Preview: Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 6 vs. Kalamazoo
- Cyclones Come up Short in Game 5
- Cyclones Game Preview: 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 5 vs. Kalamazoo