Aces Acquire Maxwell from Adirondack
ANCHORAGE, AK- The Alaska Aces have acquired the rights to forward Tyler Maxwell from the Adirondack Thunder for the rights to forward Greg Wolfe.
Head coach Rob Murray made the announcement Thursday.
The 24 year old Maxwell, a native of Manhattan Beach, California, played last season and was an assistant captain for the Stockton Thunder, scoring 24 goals and 27 assists for 51 points in 63 games.
The 5' 10", 175 pound center/wing also played in the ECHL for Utah, Bakersfield and Ontario before a season in Italy.
"Tyler is a skilled forward who had a good season with a poor team," said Murray. "He continues to get better as his career continues."
The 25 year old Wolfe played in 59 games for the Aces before being loaned to Iowa of the AHL. He scored 22 goals and assisted on 38 others for 60 points in Glacier Blue. In 9 games at Iowa, Wolfe had one assist.
The Alaska Aces are also pleased to announce the hiring of Scott McLay as the team's certified athletic trainer. Previously, McLay spent almost 2 years as the head trainer for the Erie Otters of the OHL. The Kitchener, Ontario, Canada native also has 2 years of experience at Lake Superior State University as a trainer for hockey, softball, tennis and golf, as well as 3 years working with the Las Vegas Wranglers hockey club.
"It's great to be a part of the Aces organization," said McLay. "Can't wait for the season to get started!"
Tickets for exhibition games against the Missouri Mavericks are on sale now! Stop by the Alaska Aces office at 724 East 15th Avenue between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday, or the Sullivan Arena box office to secure yours!
Exhibition games October 12-13 are general admission at $15, $10 for season-ticket holders.
The 2015-16 regular-season opener is Friday, October 16. Season and group tickets are on sale now...single-game tickets will go on sale in October.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 24, 2015
- Rush Medical Team Signs On For Eighth Season - Rapid City Rush
- New Additions Round out Hockey Operations Staff - Norfolk Admirals
- Five Rush Players Invited to AHL Camps - Rapid City Rush
- Missouri Agrees to Terms with Kellen and Connor Jones - Kansas City Mavericks
- Seven Mallards Bound for AHL Camps - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Bring Back Perry and Wysopal - Cincinnati Cyclones
- IceMen Reveal Promotional Calendar, Back to the Future Jerseys - Evansville IceMen
- Kwas Returns to Eagles for 2015-16 Season - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Trade Rights to Moffie to Missouri for Rights to Pacan - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Acquire Rights to Greg Wolfe - Adirondack Thunder
- Aces Acquire Maxwell from Adirondack - Alaska Aces
- Baldwin Named Assistant Coach of the Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Champions Sign Ludwig and Clarke - Allen Americans
- Beast Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Dates and Roster Hopefuls - Brampton Beast
- Ortio on a Mission - Adirondack Thunder
- Seven Royals to Participate in AHL Training Camps - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbit Fever Sweeping the Nation - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.