First-place Union remain unbeaten in their last six games after draw in front of sellout Talen Energy Stadium crowd
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union faced Seattle Sounders FC at Talen Energy Stadium on Saturday night in front of a sellout crowd of 18,540. With the draw, the Union remain undefeated in their last six games. The club's 7-3-3 record (24 points) continues their best start to a season in team history through 13 games.
Philadelphia Union 0 - Seattle Sounders FC 0
Talen Energy Stadium (Chester, PA)
Saturday, May 18, 2019
TODAY'S MATCH INFO:
Talen Energy Stadium (Chester, Pennsylvania)
Referee: Marcos DeOliveira
Assistants Referees: Jose Da Silva, Eric Boria
Fourth Official: Lorant Varga
VAR: Jose Carlos Rivero
Weather: 75 Degrees, Clear
SEA - Nouhou Tolo (Caution) 56'
PHI - Kacper Przybylko (Caution) 72'
PHI - Fafa Picault (Caution) 83'
SEA - Jonathan Campbell (Caution) 86'
Philadelphia Union: Andre Blake; Raymon Gaddis, Jack Elliott, Auston Trusty, Kai Wagner; Haris Medunjanin; Alejandro Bedoya, Jamiro Monteiro; Brenden Aaronson (Fafa Picault, 77'); Kacper Przybylko, Sergio Santos (Ilsinho, 57')
Substitutes not used: Carlos Miguel Coronel; Anthony Fontana, Aurelien Collin, Michee Ngalina, Fabinho
Seattle Sounders FC: Stefan Frei; Saad Abdul-Salaam, Kim Kee-hee, Roman Torres, Jonathan Campbell, Nouhou Tolo (Kelvin Leerdam, 71); Cristian Roldan, Jordy Delem (Handwalla Bwana, 76), Alex Roldan; Nicolas Lodeiro, Will Bruin (Raul Ruidiaz, 79')
Substitutes not used: Bryan Meredith, Harry Shipp, Henry Wingo, Brad Smith
The Union are undefeated in their last six games and remain in first place in the Eastern Conference with 24 points.
The club's 7-3-3 record (24 points) continues their best start to a season in team history through 13 games.
Tonight's sellout crowd (18,540) was the Union's 46th all-time at Talen Energy Stadium ... coming on May 18, it is the Union's earliest sellout since April 23, 2016 vs. NYCFC (18,681).
The Union's possession percentage tonight, 67.8%, represents the second-highest total the team has ever had in a single regular-season match, as well as the highest in a match that finished 11 vs. 11 ... the Union's overall possession record is 68.8%, achieved vs. Colorado on May 20, 2017 ... the Rapids finished with 10 men in that game after Caleb Calvert received a second yellow in the 69th minute.
The Union's 20 shots tonight matched a single-game season high for the club, first achieved vs. FC Cincinnati (May 1).
Sergio Santos made his first career MLS start for the Union.
Andre Blake returned to the starting XI after missing the previous four matches due to injury.
Ray Gaddis made his 175th career start with the Union.
Jack Elliott made his 60th career start for the club.
Michee Ngalina made the match day 18 for the first time since signing a first team contract on May 8.
The Union next play at home at Talen Energy Stadium on Saturday, May 25 in a regular-season match against Portland Timbers (7:30 p.m. ET/PHL17).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 18, 2019
- Sounders FC Earns Road Point in Scoreless Draw with Philadelphia - Seattle Sounders FC
- MNUFC Stay Unbeaten at Home with 1-0 Win over Columbus - Minnesota United FC
- Derek Cornelius stuns Sporting KC with late-game equalizer - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sporting Settles for 1-1 Draw with Vancouver - Sporting Kansas City
- Dynamo Rally for 2-1 Win over D.C. United Behind Goals from Rodriguez & McNamara - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United Downed In Houston, 2-1 - D.C. United
- First-place Union remain unbeaten in their last six games after draw in front of sellout Talen Energy Stadium crowd - Philadelphia Union
- Chris Wondolowski scores four goals to break all-time MLS record - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Breaks All-Time MLS Goals Record - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Falls 4-1 to San Jose Earthquakes at Avaya Stadium - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC (0) - Real Salt Lake (3) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Real Salt Lake Runs Rampant over Toronto FC in Sandy - Real Salt Lake
- Impact Draws 0-0 against New England Revolution - Montreal Impact
- Revolution Draw Montreal Impact in Saturday Matinee, 0-0 - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Hosts LAFC Tomorrow: 3 Things You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo Loan Three Defenders to RGV FC for Tonight's Match at H-E-B Park - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Travels to Frisco for Sunday Meeting with FC Dallas - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Recall Logan Gdula from Phoenix Rising FC; Loan Gdula to Hartford Athletic - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Homegrown Stars and World Cup Veterans Headline 2020 MLS Best XI
- Philadelphia Union's Jim Curtin Named 2020 Sigi Schmid MLS Coach of the Year
- Philadelphia Union's Andre Blake Voted Allstate MLS Goalkeeper of the Year
- Philadelphia Union Sign Academy Products Brandan Craig and Quinn Sullivan to Homegrown Player Contracts
- Finalists Announced for 2020 MLS Awards