Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Breaks All-Time MLS Goals Record
SAN JOSE, Calif. - San Jose Earthquakes forward Chris Wondolowski scored his 145th, 146th, 147th and 148th MLS goals on Saturday against the Chicago Fire, eclipsing Landon Donovan's all-time record of 145 that has stood since 2014.
Facts about Wondolowski's pursuit of history:
He is the only player to score 10+ goals in nine consecutive seasons (2010-18). No other player in MLS history has done so in more than five straight.
All but four of his goals were scored with San Jose (144), most by any player with a single club in MLS history.
He has scored 67 goals on the road, most by any player in MLS history.
He has scored 41 game-winning goals, tied for the most in MLS history (Donovan).
He is the only player in league history to score against 24 different MLS teams, including all 23 currently competing in MLS and now-defunct Chivas USA.
He has scored 14 goals in 1-0 victories, most in MLS history.
Wondolowski has scored against 59 different goalkeepers during his MLS career, most in MLS history.
The native of Danville, Calif. played collegiately at Chico State University and is the only American-born player to score more than 50 MLS goals after competing collegiately at a Division II school.
Wondolowski made 15+ starts in a season for the first time in 2010 at the age of 27. Donovan's first such season was in 2001 at the age of 19, also with the Earthquakes.
Images from this story
San Jose Earthquakes celebrate forward Chris Wondolowski's goals record
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 18, 2019
- Sounders FC Earns Road Point in Scoreless Draw with Philadelphia - Seattle Sounders FC
- MNUFC Stay Unbeaten at Home with 1-0 Win over Columbus - Minnesota United FC
- Derek Cornelius stuns Sporting KC with late-game equalizer - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sporting Settles for 1-1 Draw with Vancouver - Sporting Kansas City
- Dynamo Rally for 2-1 Win over D.C. United Behind Goals from Rodriguez & McNamara - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United Downed In Houston, 2-1 - D.C. United
- First-place Union remain unbeaten in their last six games after draw in front of sellout Talen Energy Stadium crowd - Philadelphia Union
- Chris Wondolowski scores four goals to break all-time MLS record - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Breaks All-Time MLS Goals Record - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Falls 4-1 to San Jose Earthquakes at Avaya Stadium - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC (0) - Real Salt Lake (3) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Real Salt Lake Runs Rampant over Toronto FC in Sandy - Real Salt Lake
- Impact Draws 0-0 against New England Revolution - Montreal Impact
- Revolution Draw Montreal Impact in Saturday Matinee, 0-0 - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Hosts LAFC Tomorrow: 3 Things You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo Loan Three Defenders to RGV FC for Tonight's Match at H-E-B Park - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Travels to Frisco for Sunday Meeting with FC Dallas - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Recall Logan Gdula from Phoenix Rising FC; Loan Gdula to Hartford Athletic - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 18, 2019
- Earthquakes Acquire SuperDraft Selection in Trade with Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 11, 2019
- Earthquakes Sign 14-Year-Old Goalkeeper Emmanuel Ochoa as Homegrown Player
- Earthquakes to Offer Military Discount on 2020 Season Tickets