FC Dallas Hosts LAFC Tomorrow: 3 Things You Need to Know
FC Dallas (5-5-2, 17 points) hosts Los Angeles FC (9-1-3, 30 points) on Sunday, May 19 at 6:30PM CT at Toyota Stadium in a match presented by Toyota. It will be the second meeting between the two clubs this week with LAFC defeating FC Dallas 2-0 on Thursday with goals from Carlos Vela and Diego Rossi at Banc of California Stadium.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #FCDvLAFC
TV: 6:30PM CT on Texas 21, FCDTV Network
Pregame coverage begins at 6PM CT
Radio: 6:30 PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 1270AM (Spanish)
Scarfer: Former FC Dallas Head Coach & Current Tijuana Xolos Head Coach Oscar Pareja
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday, June 1 at 7PM CT
Pregame Giveaway: First 5,000 fans who enter Toyota Stadium will receive an FC Dallas/Toyota camouflage hat
5 Things to Know About #FCDvLAFC
Stop the Streaking
FC Dallas has dropped three straight matches and is winless in its last four with its most recent victory coming in Atlanta on April 20. Dallas has not lost more than three games in a row since the 2014 season, when it dropped four straight from April 26-May 10. That also matched the club record.
ICYMI: "Game of Thrones", Marvel Comics and Sushi: Meet US U-20 Star Paxton Pomykal (ESPN)
Back to Back
This will be the 22nd time in FC Dallas history that it plays the same team in back-to-back games at different venues. In away matches of this kind, FCD has a 3-12-7 record whereas it has a 13-5-3 record in the home games. With the games taking place on Thursday and Sunday, this will be only the 7th time in FCD's history that it plays back-to-back home and away games against the same opposition within a three-day span.
Czech Republic striker Zden?k "Cobra" Ondráek made his first MLS start for FC Dallas on Thursday against LAFC. The former Wis?a Kraków man led FCD's forward line and contributed with 35 touches, one shot, one tackle and won one foul in his 63 minutes on the field.
FC Dallas lost to LAFC for the first time ever on Thursday falling 2-0 courtesy of goals from Carlos Vela and Diego Rossi. Dallas got the better of Los Angeles last season earning a 1-1 draw in its first visit to Banc of California Stadium on May 5 and grabbing a 2-0 win when LAFC visited Toyota Stadium on June 2.
Los Angeles FC boats a league-best 30 points and is unbeaten in its last five matches. Head coach Bob Bradley's men have lost just once all year and currently have a 5-point lead atop the Western Conference. LAFC is 3-1-2 away from Los Angeles.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 18, 2019
- Sounders FC Earns Road Point in Scoreless Draw with Philadelphia - Seattle Sounders FC
- MNUFC Stay Unbeaten at Home with 1-0 Win over Columbus - Minnesota United FC
- Derek Cornelius stuns Sporting KC with late-game equalizer - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sporting Settles for 1-1 Draw with Vancouver - Sporting Kansas City
- Dynamo Rally for 2-1 Win over D.C. United Behind Goals from Rodriguez & McNamara - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United Downed In Houston, 2-1 - D.C. United
- First-place Union remain unbeaten in their last six games after draw in front of sellout Talen Energy Stadium crowd - Philadelphia Union
- Chris Wondolowski scores four goals to break all-time MLS record - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Breaks All-Time MLS Goals Record - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Falls 4-1 to San Jose Earthquakes at Avaya Stadium - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC (0) - Real Salt Lake (3) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Real Salt Lake Runs Rampant over Toronto FC in Sandy - Real Salt Lake
- Impact Draws 0-0 against New England Revolution - Montreal Impact
- Revolution Draw Montreal Impact in Saturday Matinee, 0-0 - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Hosts LAFC Tomorrow: 3 Things You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo Loan Three Defenders to RGV FC for Tonight's Match at H-E-B Park - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Travels to Frisco for Sunday Meeting with FC Dallas - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Recall Logan Gdula from Phoenix Rising FC; Loan Gdula to Hartford Athletic - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.