First-Place RiverDogs Return to Close out First Half in Style
CHARLESTON, S.C. - The RiverDogs return home to close out the first half of the season at home, beginning a four-game homestand on Thursday as part of Father's Day weekend at The Joe.
First-place Charleston and their seven All-Star selections return home with a playoff spot on the line, currently leading the South Atlantic League's Southern Division with a chance to clinch their third playoff spot in the past four seasons as they welcome in the Greenville Drive, the Class A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox for a four-game series:
Thursday, June 13, 7:05 p.m.: Thirsty Thursday: Cheer on the Dogs as they close out the first half starting with a Budweiser Thirsty Thursday at Riley Park. Enjoy dollar beers in the Ashley View Pub as DJ Natty Heavy spins the tunes all night in the Ashley View Pub. Fans can follow DJ Natty Heavy and 95SX on social media for chances to win VIP wristbands to Club Budweiser and cut the beer lines.
Friday, June 14, 7:05 p.m.: Singalong Fireworks: Riley Park transforms into the most magical place on Earth as RiverDogs fans sing along at the ballpark, complete with an appearance by Moana and a postgame fireworks extravaganza presented by Home Telecom on a Boeing Red Shirt Friday. In conjunction with 103.5 WEZL and Live 5 News, fans wearing red at the gate will receive $1 off regular ticket pricing at the box office with the option to donate that dollar back to the Warrior Surf Foundation. During an inning break, a deployed military serviceman, servicewoman or veteran will be called upon and thanked for their service. Local non-profit Five Fish Foundation, serving individuals with intellectual disabilities and their families, will also host a pregame scholarship award ceremony at the ballpark.
Saturday, June 15, 6:05 p.m.: Saturdays Live at The Joe/ Postgame T-Shirt Toss: Stay until the final out for a postgame t-shirt toss presented by Mix 95.9 and Fox 24 as thousands of t-shirts are launched into the crowd. Prior to the game, Lowcountry youth will participate in Major League Baseball's "Play Ball Weekend" with a pitch, hit and run event from 10 a.m.-12 noon at The Joe.
Sunday, June 16, 1:05 p.m.: Family Sunday in the Holy City/Father's Day: Finish out the weekend at the ballpark with dad as the Charleston club welcomes in families on an MUSC Health Family Sunday on Father's Day at The Joe. On a special 1:05 p.m. start, kids at the ballpark eat free, run the bases post-game and play catch on the field pre-game. Members of the MUSC Children's Health Kids Club (12 and under) get in for free presented by Y102.5 and ABC News 4. For those that can't make it out to the park, catch every Sunday home tilt on MyTV Charleston (Ch. 36 over air, Ch. 13 on cable) as ABC News 4's Scott Eisberg joins the broadcast booth.
Fans can "Make Fun" with the RiverDogs all season long down at The Joe. Single-game tickets, including options to the Riley Park Club, are now available at riverdogs.com/tickets or by contacting the RiverDogs front office at 843-577-3647 (DOGS). A full schedule and list of game times for the 2019 season is available at riverdogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Power Blank 'Birds Again for Sweep - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Fireflies Battle into Extra Innings on Wednesday Night - Columbia Fireflies
- Suns Fall to Lakewood in Series Final - Hagerstown Suns
- Bats Break Through, Claws Roll in Series Finale - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Watson, Bosiokovic Help Pitch Tourists to Extra-Inning Win - Asheville Tourists
- Moyers Dominates as Power Sweeps Delmarva - West Virginia Power
- Drive Top Kannapolis, 3-1, in First Half Home Finale - Greenville Drive
- Fireflies Game Notes: June 12 vs. Asheville (Game 62) - Columbia Fireflies
- Rome Edges RiverDogs to Send Division Race Down to Final Weekend - Charleston RiverDogs
- Legends Fall in Pitching Duel to GreenJackets - Lexington Legends
- Jackets Sweep Lexington as Rivera Continues to Dominate - Augusta GreenJackets
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (June 12) - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies to Host Independence Week Celebration on July 3, Presented by Encompass Health - Columbia Fireflies
- Rodriguez Added to SAL All-Star Team - Hickory Crawdads
- First-Place RiverDogs Return to Close out First Half in Style - Charleston RiverDogs
- Columbia's Bats Catch Fire in Asheville Rout - Columbia Fireflies
- Charleston Evens Series with 3-2 Win against Rome - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charleston RiverDogs Stories
- RiverDogs Announce New Front Office Hires
- RiverDogs Announce "Reading Around the Bases" and "Education Days" 2020
- RiverDogs Hire Jason Kempf as Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations
- RiverDogs Introduce First Ever RiverDogs Youth Travel Baseball Team
- Lou Piniella Headlines RiverDogs Hot Stove Banquet