Fireflies to Host Independence Week Celebration on July 3, Presented by Encompass Health
COLUMBIA, S.C. - The Columbia Fireflies have announced the details for the Independence Week Celebration - presented by Encompass Health - on Wednesday, July 3. The game time is now scheduled for 7:05pm.
The Fireflies take on the Greenville Drive on Wednesday, July 3 to celebrate Independence Day a day early. Gates for the game will open at 5:30pm. The Fireflies have signed the Reggie Sullivan Band to play for fans from 5:30pm-7:00pm on the Crescent Patio.
When gates open at 5:30pm, fans 21+ can enjoy a 90-minute Happy Hour featuring $3 16-oz Budweiser and Bud Light cans. The 16-oz Budweiser and Bud Light cans will then be on special for $5 the rest of the evening.
At the same time, kids can enjoy a 90-minute "Hoppy" Hour in the State Credit Union Kids Zone, with half-off wristbands for the evening. The Palmetto Party People will also be on hand for face painting and balloon creatures on the main concourse in front of the Mason Jar Team Store.
A family picnic option is available for Fireflies fans in the Palmetto Picnic Pavilion for $25/adult and $19/kids 3-7 years old. The picnic includes all-you-can-eat hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled chicken, pulled pork, mac & cheese, baked beans, pasta salad, peach crisp dessert and Pepsi products. Call the Fireflies ticket office at 803-726-4487 to purchase tickets or for more information on this option.
"We are excited to once again be the home for Independence Week fireworks on July 3rd in Columbia," said team president John Katz. "This is a tradition we have continued to build upon for the last four years and we are excited to host fans at Segra Park for another exciting evening celebrating America at the ballpark."
Tickets for the 2019 season are on sale now. Visit ColumbiaFireflies.com, the Segra Park ticket office or call (803) 726-4487 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Power Blank 'Birds Again for Sweep - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Fireflies Battle into Extra Innings on Wednesday Night - Columbia Fireflies
- Suns Fall to Lakewood in Series Final - Hagerstown Suns
- Bats Break Through, Claws Roll in Series Finale - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Watson, Bosiokovic Help Pitch Tourists to Extra-Inning Win - Asheville Tourists
- Moyers Dominates as Power Sweeps Delmarva - West Virginia Power
- Drive Top Kannapolis, 3-1, in First Half Home Finale - Greenville Drive
- Fireflies Game Notes: June 12 vs. Asheville (Game 62) - Columbia Fireflies
- Rome Edges RiverDogs to Send Division Race Down to Final Weekend - Charleston RiverDogs
- Legends Fall in Pitching Duel to GreenJackets - Lexington Legends
- Jackets Sweep Lexington as Rivera Continues to Dominate - Augusta GreenJackets
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (June 12) - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies to Host Independence Week Celebration on July 3, Presented by Encompass Health - Columbia Fireflies
- Rodriguez Added to SAL All-Star Team - Hickory Crawdads
- First-Place RiverDogs Return to Close out First Half in Style - Charleston RiverDogs
- Columbia's Bats Catch Fire in Asheville Rout - Columbia Fireflies
- Charleston Evens Series with 3-2 Win against Rome - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbia Fireflies Stories
- Fireflies T-Shirts Result in Donation for "Peace of Mind"
- Columbia Fireflies Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- "Wash Your Wings" T-Shirt Sales to Benefit "Peace of Mind"
- Fireflies Launch Safe at Home Reading Program
- First Battle at Bull Street Draws Record Setting Crowd