Feltner Limits the Drive in Bounce-Back Win
ASHEVILLE - The Asheville Tourists recorded a huge bounce-back victory over the Greenville Drive on Sunday afternoon. Asheville rode the great starting pitching performance from Ryan Feltner and put together enough offense to defeat Greenville by a score of 4-2.
Feltner surrendered a run in the top of the first inning but was lights out after that. Ryan threw six innings, scattered five hits, struck out six, and only walked one. The six innings pitched matched a season-high for Feltner.
John Cresto gave the Tourists a 2-1 lead with a two-out, two-run double in the bottom of the first inning. That was a lead Asheville would never relinquish. The Tourists added another in the third inning on a strange infield fly sequence. Asheville had the bases loaded when Willie MacIver popped a ball up into shallow left field. The ball dropped and Cade Harris raced home from third to make it 3-1.
Luke Morgan added a key insurance run in the seventh with a two-out RBI single to right that scored Will Golsan. The Drive plated one in the eighth but Alexander Martinez closed the door with a four-out save; his seventh save of the season.
Riley Pint and Raymells Rosa each received holds as the two combined to toss 1.2 frames behind the starter Feltner. The win evens up the series at one game apiece with a rubber match set for Monday morning at 10:35am.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 12, 2019
- Canaan Smith's Cycle Leads RiverDogs over Crawdads - Charleston RiverDogs
- All Nine 'Dads Collect a Hit in Loss to RiverDogs - Hickory Crawdads
- Mother's Day Masterpiece: Jackets Score Four in the 9th to Beat Lexington - Augusta GreenJackets
- Rome Crushes Columbia 11-0 in Lopsided Mothers Day Win - Rome Braves
- Greenville Falls to Asheville, 4-2, on Mother's Day - Greenville Drive
- Fireflies Drop Mother's Day Matinee to Rome - Columbia Fireflies
- Feltner Limits the Drive in Bounce-Back Win - Asheville Tourists
- Legends Drop Heartbreaker in Game Two - Lexington Legends
- Moyers Hurls Quality Start in 2-1 Loss to Kannapolis - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes: May 12 vs. Rome Braves (Game 35) - Columbia Fireflies
- Ramirez Makes MLB Debut with Marlins in New York - West Virginia Power
- Hartman, Woods join Single-A Rome - Rome Braves
- 'Birds, Suns Washed out on Sunday - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (May 12) - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.