#FCDvTOR: 5Things You Need to Know About the Match
FC Dallas (6-6-4, 22 points) faces Toronto FC (5-6-4, 19 points) on Saturday, June 22 at 7 PM CT at Toyota Stadium in a match presented by United Healthcare. This is the only meeting between the two clubs this season.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #FCDvTOR
TV: 7 PM CT on Texas 21 and FCDTV Network
Pregame coverage starts at 6:30 PM
Radio: 7 PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 1270AM (Spanish)
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Wednesday, June 28 at 8 PM CT.
Scarfer: "The Voice" season 16 winner and Frisco native Maelyn Jarmon
Maelyn will also take a PK at halftime. If she makes it, FC Dallas will donate $500 to the Dallas Hearing Foundation on her behalf.
FC Dallas welcomes back four members of the squad from international duty with their respective countries. Edwin Cerrillo, Paxton Pomykal and Brandon Servania return from their exploits in the U-20 FIFA World Cup where they helped the U.S. reach the quarterfinals. Pablo Aranguiz is available for Dallas after playing three games for Chile in the 2019 Toulon Tournament in France.
FC Dallas is second in the league for most goals in the first 15 minutes of a game (5) behind only LAFC and Seattle (6). In contrast, Toronto is most dangerous in the final 15 minutes of a game, with 10 late goals this season, which leads MLS.
Jack of All Trades
FC Dallas' game against San Jose on June 8 saw Ryan Hollingshead play in his sixth position on the pitch for FCD. Hollingshead started at defensive mid, filling in for Carlos Gruezo and Bryan Acosta, who both left for international duty with their respective national teams. He's also played at left back, right back, center back, left midfield and right midfield so far in the 2019 season. Hollingshead ranks 18th in the league in aerial duels won (40) and 10th in total duels won (105).
Against Toronto FC
FC Dallas has fared well against Toronto over the years- especially at home. Dallas has a 10-2-5 all-time record against TFC with 26 goals scored and 18 conceded. Further, FCD has never lost to Toronto at Toyota Stadium, posting a 7-0-2 record when playing in Frisco.
About Toronto FC
Toronto began the 2019 season as one of the hottest teams in MLS earning five wins in its first eight matches. Since that early good run, however, TFC has cooled off dramatically and is winless in its last seven games.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 21, 2019
- Toronto FC Sign Academy Product Jacob Shaffelburg - Toronto FC
- #FCDvTOR: 5Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Returns to League Action to Face the Chicago Fire on Saturday - Real Salt Lake
- New England Revolution, Gabriel Somi Mutually Agree to Terminate Contract - New England Revolution
- Carlos Vela and Walker Zimmerman Selected to 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI - Los Angeles FC
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Jonathan dos Santos Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI Presented by Target - LA Galaxy
- 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI Presented by Target Features Scoring Sensations, Young Stars, Global Icons and Record Newcomers - MLS
- Wayne Rooney Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI Presented by Target - D.C. United
- Saturday's LA Galaxy Game Is Sold Out - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Signs 26th Homegrown Player Ricardo Pepi - FC Dallas
- Preview: Sporting Continues MLS Campaign in Columbus - Sporting Kansas City
- Vako scores Quakes' lone goal; SJ forces eight saves by Sisniega - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Advances to the Quarterfinals of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with 3-1 Victory against San Jose - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers to Face Los Angeles FC in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinal on July 10 - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- #SKCvFCD: 5Things You Need to Know About the Match
- FC Dallas Season Ticket Member Chip Dutchik Named as a Finalist for 2019 MLS WORKS Community MVP Contest
- FC Dallas Falls to Sevilla FC 3-1
- FC Dallas Falls to Minnesota United FC
- #MINvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match