New England Revolution, Gabriel Somi Mutually Agree to Terminate Contract
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution and defender Gabriel Somi have mutually agreed to part ways.
Somi joined New England in Jan. 2018 following six professional seasons in Sweden. He recorded 14 appearances, including 12 starts, with two assists across 1,403 minutes played for the Revolution. A dual citizen of Syria and Sweden, Somi represents Syria on the international stage and owns one career cap with the Qasioun Eagles.
New England returns to action on Wednesday, June 26, when it hosts the Philadelphia Union at Gillette Stadium at 7:00 p.m. ET. For up-to-the-minute information on the Revolution, visit the team's official web site at revolutionsoccer.net, or join the conversation and interact with fans on any of the team's social platforms.
Transaction: New England Revolution and defender Gabriel Somi mutually agree to terminate contract.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 21, 2019
- Toronto FC Sign Academy Product Jacob Shaffelburg - Toronto FC
- #FCDvTOR: 5Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Returns to League Action to Face the Chicago Fire on Saturday - Real Salt Lake
- New England Revolution, Gabriel Somi Mutually Agree to Terminate Contract - New England Revolution
- Carlos Vela and Walker Zimmerman Selected to 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI - Los Angeles FC
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Jonathan dos Santos Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI Presented by Target - LA Galaxy
- 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI Presented by Target Features Scoring Sensations, Young Stars, Global Icons and Record Newcomers - MLS
- Wayne Rooney Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI Presented by Target - D.C. United
- Saturday's LA Galaxy Game Is Sold Out - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Signs 26th Homegrown Player Ricardo Pepi - FC Dallas
- Preview: Sporting Continues MLS Campaign in Columbus - Sporting Kansas City
- Vako scores Quakes' lone goal; SJ forces eight saves by Sisniega - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Advances to the Quarterfinals of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with 3-1 Victory against San Jose - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers to Face Los Angeles FC in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinal on July 10 - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at FC Cincinnati
- Gustavo Bou Scores in Debut as Revolution Top Vancouver Whitecaps FC, 4-0
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Revolution and D.C. United Play to 2-2 Draw
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at D.C. United