Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Jonathan dos Santos Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI Presented by Target
LOS ANGELES - LA Galaxy forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic and midfielder Jonathan dos Santos have been named to the 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI presented by Target, Major League Soccer announced today. Ibrahimovic, Dos Santos and the MLS All-Stars will face the 10-time La Liga champions Atlético de Madrid in the 2019 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target at Exploria Stadium in Orlando on Wednesday, July 31 (5 p.m. PT, FS1 / UniMás / TSN / TVA Sports).
In his second season, Ibrahimovic is currently the No. 2 scorer in MLS with 11 goals. In 2018, Ibrahimovic also became the third player in MLS history to record 20-plus goals and 10-plus assists in a season, on his way to a Best XI selection. Joining the Galaxy last year, Ibrahimovic is one of just three players in the world to score a combined 500 goals for club and country (Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo). The Galaxy captain currently has his team second in the MLS Western Conference standings. This is Ibrahimovic's second MLS All-Star Game selection (2018, 2019).
Dos Santos earns his second straight All-Star selection after the best start of his three-year MLS career. A member of the Mexico National Team, dos Santos has most recently represented his country at the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup along with the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, as well as the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup. Dos Santos signed with the LA Galaxy in 2017 as a Designated Player after playing for Barcelona and Villarreal.
Atlético de Madrid's 10 La Liga championships rank among the top three in Spain. With 30 trophies won across all competitions, the 2018 Europa League champions finished the 2018-2019 season second in La Liga standings. The match will be televised in more than 170 countries around the world.
The complete 2019 MLS All-Star gameday roster will be announced at a later date and will also include two Commissioner's Picks and those players selected by All-Star Head Coach James O'Connor of Orlando City SC.
Tickets to the 2019 MLS All-Star Game are now on sale at Ticketmaster.com.
2019 MLS ALL-STAR FAN XI PRESENTED BY TARGET
GOALKEEPERS (3): BRAD GUZAN (ATLANTA UNITED)
DEFENDERS (3): LEANDRO GONZÃLEZ PÃREZ (ATLANTA UNITED), WALKER ZIMMERMAN (LOS ANGELES FOOTBALL CLUB), GRAHAM ZUSI (SPORTING KANSAS CITY)
MIDFIELDERS (4): EZEQUIEL BARCO (ATLANTA UNITED), JONATHAN DOS SANTOS (LA GALAXY), GONZALO "PITY" MARTÃNEZ (ATLANTA UNITED), NANI (ORLANDO CITY SC)
FORWARDS (3): ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIÄ (LA GALAXY - EA SPORTS "MORE THAN A VOTE" CHALLENGE), WAYNE ROONEY (D.C. UNITED), CARLOS VELA (LOS ANGELES FOOTBALL CLUB)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 21, 2019
- Toronto FC Sign Academy Product Jacob Shaffelburg - Toronto FC
- #FCDvTOR: 5Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Returns to League Action to Face the Chicago Fire on Saturday - Real Salt Lake
- New England Revolution, Gabriel Somi Mutually Agree to Terminate Contract - New England Revolution
- Carlos Vela and Walker Zimmerman Selected to 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI - Los Angeles FC
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Jonathan dos Santos Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI Presented by Target - LA Galaxy
- 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI Presented by Target Features Scoring Sensations, Young Stars, Global Icons and Record Newcomers - MLS
- Wayne Rooney Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI Presented by Target - D.C. United
- Saturday's LA Galaxy Game Is Sold Out - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Signs 26th Homegrown Player Ricardo Pepi - FC Dallas
- Preview: Sporting Continues MLS Campaign in Columbus - Sporting Kansas City
- Vako scores Quakes' lone goal; SJ forces eight saves by Sisniega - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Advances to the Quarterfinals of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with 3-1 Victory against San Jose - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers to Face Los Angeles FC in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinal on July 10 - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.