#FCDvHOU: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match
FC Dallas (10-10-7, 37 points) hosts Houston Dynamo (9-13-4, 31 points) in the Texas Derby on Sunday, August 25 at 7 PM at Toyota Stadium in a match presented by Heineken. This is the second meeting between the clubs this season, with FC Dallas falling 2-1 in Houston on May 4.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #FCDvHOU
TV: 7PM CT on Fox Sports 1
Radio: 6:30PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 1270 AM (Spanish)
Matchday News to Know:
Scarfer - Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Michael Gallup will perform the ceremonial scarfing of the Lamar Hunt statue on the north concourse prior to kickoff.
Halftime PK - Gallup will also take a PK at halftime. If he makes it, FC Dallas will make a donation on his behalf to Special Olympics Texas.
Meet Dominque Badji: Forward Dom Badji will be meeting fans at The Londoner in Addison (14930 Midway Road, TX 75001) on Saturday, August 24 from 2:30-4 PM in an appearance brought to you by Heineken.
The Texas Derby Fact Sheet: Catch up to speed on the 2019 Texas Derby HERE
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts FC Cincinnati for the very first time on Saturday, August 31 at 7 PM in a match presented by MoneyGram
5 Things to Know About #FCDvHOU
The battle for El Capitán, an 18th century replica howitzer cannon, comes down to Sunday's Texas Derby. Houston is in the driver's seat having defeated FC Dallas 2-1 in the previous Derby played in Houston in May. Dallas must win Sunday's match or El Capitán will return to its archrival down south.
The Cobra Strikes
Czech striker Zdenek "The Cobra" Ondrasek got off the mark and scored his first goal for FC Dallas last Saturday against Montreal Impact. The goal was also FCD's first of the game and sparked a three-goal comeback to earn a 3-3 draw north of the border.
Left back Ryan Hollingshead is experiencing a career season under the tutelage of Luchi Gonzalez. The versatile defender has made the left back position his own in 2019 and, with two goals in his previous three games, has become FC Dallas' third-leading scorer with five goals.
The Dynamo had its best-ever start to a season in 2019, winning eight of its first 10 games. However, since that run, Houston experienced a prolonged rough patch which saw it win only two games from its last 15. The slump saw the dismissal of head coach Wilmer Cabrera and the promotion of assistant coach Davy Arnaud to interim head coach.
The Texas Derby has been a hotly contested match over the years. Dallas' all-time record against Houston is 10-11-13 with 51 goals scored and 50 against. The series tilts slightly more in FCD's favor when playing at home, standing at 6-3-7 all-time. In this season's previous fixture, Dallas went down 2-0 to two Mauro Manotas goals, and Dom Badji's late strike brought them within one goal before Santiago Mosquera's would-be winner was called back via VAR for a foul.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 23, 2019
- Orlando City Fall 1-0 to Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Impact Takes on Toronto FC Saturday Night at BMO Field - Montreal Impact
- Breaking Down the XI | Pereyra Starts - Orlando City SC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Affects Fire - Chicago Fire
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- Storylines | City vs. Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- #FCDvHOU: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Loans Midfielder Cristian Martinez to Las Vegas Lights FC - Chicago Fire
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Chicago Fire - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Second Leg of the New York Derby Set for Saturday - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Sign Brad Knighton to New Contract - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake Hosts Colorado Rapids in Rocky Mountain Cup Finale - Real Salt Lake
- Minnesota United Adds Stewart Kerr to Coaching Staff - Minnesota United FC
- Whitecaps FC Sign Academy Product Georges Mukumbilwa - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Adds Former US International Jonathan Spector to Staff - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting Strikes Late to Secure 1-0 Win over Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
- MNUFC Falls 1-0 to SKC in Tight Game - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.