Real Salt Lake Hosts Colorado Rapids in Rocky Mountain Cup Finale
SANDY, Utah - Real Salt Lake welcomes the Colorado Rapids to Rio Tinto Stadium on Saturday, August 24 as the club looks to claim its 11th Rocky Mountain Cup title in the last 13 seasons. With a win, draw or loss by one goal, RSL will keep the regional rivalry trophy for the fourth consecutive season after posting a 3-2 win over the Rapids in Colorado on May 11. Kickoff from Sandy on Saturday is set for 8:00p MT and will be broadcast live on KMYU and the KSL TV app and on the radio on ESPN700.
Tickets to Saturday's match start at just $17 and can be purchased by visiting RSL.com or by calling 844.REAL.TIX.
Saturday's match will mark the third and final match of RSL's three-match home stand that has seen the club vault into fourth place in the Western Conference table as the race for a home playoff match tightens. Should RSL claim victory over Colorado and the LA Galaxy fail to win, RSL will jump to second place in the Western Conference standings.
RSL is coming off a hard-fought match against league-leaders LAFC last Saturday that saw LAFC claim a 2-0 victory courtesy of two second-half goals. Due to occurrences against LAFC, RSL will be without DF Aaron Herrera and FW Corey Baird against Colorado as Herrera's red card will force him out of Saturday's match while Baird will serve a one-match suspension due to yellow card accumulation.
RSL and Colorado have met on one previous occasion in 2019, a match that saw RSL claim a gritty 3-2 victory in Commerce City behind goals from Baird, FW Sam Johnson and MF Albert Rusnák. With a win on Saturday, RSL will claim its 11th Rocky Mountain Cup in the last 13 seasons. The Rapids arrive in Utah on the back of a 2-2 draw at the Houston Dynamo and currently sit in 11thplace in the Western Conference with a 7-13-6 (27 points) record.
How to Follow Real Salt Lake vs. Colorado Rapids - Saturday, August 24, 2019
- Coverage Begins: 7:30 p.m. MT
- Local TV: KMYU w/ David James (play-by-play), Brian Dunseth (color) & Samantha Yarock (sideline)
- Digital Streaming: KSL TV app
- English Radio: ESPN700 with Bill Riley (play-by-play) & Jay Nolly (color)
- Spanish Radio: N/A
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 23, 2019
- Orlando City Fall 1-0 to Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Impact Takes on Toronto FC Saturday Night at BMO Field - Montreal Impact
- Breaking Down the XI | Pereyra Starts - Orlando City SC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Affects Fire - Chicago Fire
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- Storylines | City vs. Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- #FCDvHOU: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Loans Midfielder Cristian Martinez to Las Vegas Lights FC - Chicago Fire
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Chicago Fire - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Second Leg of the New York Derby Set for Saturday - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Sign Brad Knighton to New Contract - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake Hosts Colorado Rapids in Rocky Mountain Cup Finale - Real Salt Lake
- Minnesota United Adds Stewart Kerr to Coaching Staff - Minnesota United FC
- Whitecaps FC Sign Academy Product Georges Mukumbilwa - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Adds Former US International Jonathan Spector to Staff - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting Strikes Late to Secure 1-0 Win over Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
- MNUFC Falls 1-0 to SKC in Tight Game - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Downed 3-1 at Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Visits Minnesota United FC in Maiden Voyage to Allianz Field
- Real Salt Lake Defeats San Jose Earthquakes 1-0
- Real Salt Lake Hosts San Jose in Midweek Clash at Rio Tinto Stadium
- Real Salt Lake Academy Names Coaching Staff