Minnesota United Adds Stewart Kerr to Coaching Staff
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United announced today the club has hired goalkeeper coach Stewart Kerr.
Kerr joins MNUFC after spending two seasons with Western Conference side Vancouver Whitecaps. Prior to joining Vancouver, Kerr spent the 2016 season with Orlando City SC and three seasons at Toronto FC. The native of Bellshill, Scotland began his coaching career in his home country, working with Airdrie United during the 2008-2009 Scottish First Division season, then moved to Motherwell FC in the Scottish Premier League from 2009 to 2011.
During his coaching career, Kerr has worked with talented goalkeepers such as England's John Ruddy, Ireland's Darren Randolph, former TFC and current Seattle Sounders FC goalkeeper Stefan Frei, and current Orlando City SC goalkeeper Joe Bendik. Additionally, Kerr helped prepare former TFC and Brazilian national team goalkeeper Julio Cesar for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
As a player, Kerr began playing professionally at 18-years-old with Scottish Premier League giants Celtic FC, later going on to play with English clubs Swindon Town, Brighton & Hove Albion, and Wigan Athletic.
John Pascarella will remain on the MNUFC coaching staff.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 23, 2019
- Orlando City Fall 1-0 to Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Impact Takes on Toronto FC Saturday Night at BMO Field - Montreal Impact
- Breaking Down the XI | Pereyra Starts - Orlando City SC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Affects Fire - Chicago Fire
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- Storylines | City vs. Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- #FCDvHOU: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Loans Midfielder Cristian Martinez to Las Vegas Lights FC - Chicago Fire
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Chicago Fire - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Second Leg of the New York Derby Set for Saturday - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Sign Brad Knighton to New Contract - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake Hosts Colorado Rapids in Rocky Mountain Cup Finale - Real Salt Lake
- Minnesota United Adds Stewart Kerr to Coaching Staff - Minnesota United FC
- Whitecaps FC Sign Academy Product Georges Mukumbilwa - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Adds Former US International Jonathan Spector to Staff - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting Strikes Late to Secure 1-0 Win over Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
- MNUFC Falls 1-0 to SKC in Tight Game - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- Minnesota United Defender Brent Kallman Suspended and Fined for Violating MLS Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Policy
- MNUFC and Xcel Energy Welcome Home Minnesota National Guard Soldiers
- MNUFC Take Crucial Three Points from Rsl
- Minnesota United FC vs. Real Salt Lake Preview
- MNUFC Falls 2-0 to Dynamo on the Road