FC Dallas Joins USL League One as Founding Member
Frisco, TX - FC Dallas and USL League One announced today that an FC Dallas-owned team will be a founding member and begin play during the league's inaugural season in 2019.
FC Dallas' League One team will play its regular season at Toyota Stadium and potentially play a handful of games at another location within the Dallas/Fort Worth area. FC Dallas will announce the additional location as well as the name, head coach and logo of its League One team later this year.
"USL League One offers an outstanding opportunity for our younger players to compete against quality opponents," said FC Dallas President Dan Hunt. "Having a second professional team will allow us to create a culture throughout the organization that will help us succeed at every level."
FC Dallas' League One club joins Lansing Ignite FC (Lansing, Michigan), South Georgia Tormenta FC (Statesboro, Georgia), FC Tucson (Tucson, Arizona), Greenville Triumph SC (Greenville, South Carolina), Madison Pro Soccer (Madison, Wisconsin), Toronto FC II (Toronto, Ontario), Chattanooga Red Wolves SC (Chattanooga, Tennessee), Orlando City B (Orlando, Florida) and the Richmond Kickers (Richmond, Virginia) as founding members of the professional league which will debut next year.
"We are delighted to have FC Dallas join the USL," said USL CEO Alec Papadakis. "For decades, the Hunt family has been at the forefront of growing the game in the United States, and now, they are embracing a tremendous opportunity to strengthen their club and the Dallas-Fort Worth region by launching a team in USL League One."
USL League One's 28-game season is scheduled to begin play the weekend of March 29-31, 2019 and conclude the weekend of October 4-6, 2019. The 2019 USL League One Playoffs will consist of four teams beginning the weekend of October 11-13. The final match of the postseason will take place from October 17-21.
The FC Dallas-operated franchise will be League One's 10th and final founding member for the 2019 season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 2, 2018
- Preview: Sporting KC Begins Playoff Campaign Sunday at Real Salt Lake - Sporting Kansas City
- Osorio Undergoes Successful Sports Hernia Repair - Toronto FC
- Statement from LAFC and the 3252 Independent Supporters Union - Los Angeles FC
- Chris McCann to Miss 3 Weeks with Left Quad Strain - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Joins USL League One as Founding Member - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Announces Registration for 2018 Esports Open Qualifiers - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Conference Semis Leg 1 Between New York and Columbus Kicks off Sunday - New York Red Bulls
- MNUFC Announces Partnership with VenueNext to Create Mobile Fan App - Minnesota United FC
- New England Revolution Exercise Permanent Transfer Options on Cristian Penilla and Luis Caicedo - New England Revolution
- New York Red Bulls to Face Columbus Crew SC in Eastern Conference Semifinals - New York Red Bulls
- LAFC Lose 3-2 to Real Salt Lake in Audi 2018 MLS Cup Playoff Knockout Round - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC to Face Portland Timbers in Western Conference Semifinals - Seattle Sounders FC
- D.C. United Fall to Columbus in Penalties - D.C. United
- Conference Semifinals Set for Audi 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Advances to Audi 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs Eastern Conference Semifinals against the New York Red Bulls - Columbus Crew SC
- Timbers to Face Seattle Sounders FC in Western Conference Semifinals - Portland Timbers
- Sporting KC to Face Real Salt Lake in Western Conference Semifinals - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Announces 11 Protected Players Ahead of Tomorrow's MLS Expansion Draft
- FC Dallas Trades Maxi Urruti to Montreal Impact
- FC Dallas Trades Rights to Forward Tesho Akindele to Orlando City SC
- Mexico's soccer stars return to AT&T Stadium on June 9, 2019
- FC Dallas, City of Dallas Park and Recreation Department Extend Partnership to Manage MoneyGram Soccer Park