FC Dallas Announced List of Player Available for MLS Expansion Draft
FRISCO, Texas (Monday, Nov. 24, 2008) - FC Dallas today announced the list of players that will be available for selection in the 2008 MLS Expansion Draft. Seattle Sounders FC will enter Major League Soccer as the League's 15th team for the 2009 season. The 10-round MLS Expansion Draft will take place on Wednesday, November 26 at 12 p.m. CT.
All MLS teams were required to submit a list of 11 players that will be protected from the Expansion Draft by 3 p.m. ET today, Nov. 24. Players who are members of the League's Generation adidas Development program are automatically protected and cannot be exposed. Dallas has five Generation adidas players on its 27-man roster: Josh Lambo, Brek Shea, Eric Avila, Bruno Guarda, and Anthony Wallace. Blake Wagner graduated from the program following the 2008 season.
The 11 FC Dallas protected players:
Goalkeeper: Dario Sala
Defenders: Drew Moor, Adrian Serioux, Blake Wagner
Midfielders: Andre Rocha, Dax McCarty, Pablo Ricchetti, Marcelo Saragosa.
Forwards: Kenny Cooper, Jeff Cunningham, Dominic Oduro
Seattle may select a maximum of one player from each of the 14 MLS team's unprotected player list during the 10-round draft (four teams will not have a player selected). The following 11 FCD players are available for selection:
Goalkeeper: Ray Burse
Defenders: Aaron Pitchkolan, Duilio Davino, Andrew Daniels, Michael Dello-Russo, David Wagenfuhr.
Midfielders: Victor Sikora, Spencer Wadsworth, Chase Wileman.
Forwards: Jamie Watson, Jeff Rowland.
Teams could make available a number of international players equal to their total number of international players minus three, provided that if a team has three or less international players it could make available not more than one. Dallas has eight international players (Ricchetti, Rocha, Saragosa, Guarda, Serioux, Davino, Oduro, and Sikora), thus was required to project at least three.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 24, 2008
- Chicago Fire Weekly Notes - Chicago Fire
- Chivas USA Weekly Update - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Kansas City Wizards Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Announce List of Players Available For MLS Expansion Draft - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Announces Protected Player List For Expansion Draft - Chicago Fire
- Rapids Announce Protected Player List for 2008 MLS Expansion Draft - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas Announced List of Player Available for MLS Expansion Draft - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Protects 11 Players in Advance of Wednesday's MLS Expansion Draft - Real Salt Lake
- Chivas USA submits 11-player Protected Roster for Wednesday's MLS Expansion Draft - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- MLS Expansion Draft Takes Place November 26 - MLS
- Earthquakes Trade Jovan Kirovski to Los Angeles Galaxy in Exchange for a Conditional Draft Pick - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Re-signs Defender Jamison Olave - Real Salt Lake
- Wizards Acquire Forward Adam Cristman from New England Revolution - Sporting Kansas City
- Revolution Trades Cristman to Kansas City - New England Revolution
- D.C. United holds Holiday Auction online - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire to compete in SuperLiga 2009 - Chicago Fire
- Revolution to Participate in SuperLiga 2009 - New England Revolution
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Battles Back from 2-0 Deficit Before Losing to Seattle in Extra Time in Round One of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know
- Broadcast Details for FC Dallas' Playoff Match on October 19th Confirmed
- Ricardo Pepi Called into United States U-17 National Team for 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup
- FC Dallas Signs Paxton Pomykal to New Contract