Falcons Sign Chris Armstrong To AHL Contract
Springfield, MA - The Springfield Falcons, proud members of the American Hockey League, announced today they have signed defenseman Chris Armstrong to a standard American Hockey League contract. The Falcons also announced they have released Adam Henrich from his Professional Tryout Agreement (PTO). Armstrong originally signed a Professional Tryout Agreement at the start of the 2009-10 season and he currently leads all Springfield defensemen in scoring with one goal and eight assists for nine points in 22 games played.
Armstrong is in his 16th professional season and has played in 459 AHL contests totaling 59 goals and 219 assists for 278 career points. The Regina, Saskatchewan native has led his respective AHL team in scoring among defensemen three times in his AHL career, while ranking second in that same category three times. Armstrong was originally drafted by the Florida Panthers in the third round (57th overall) in the 1993 NHL Entry Draft and has played for the Carolina Monarchs, Hershey Bears, Kentucky Thoroughblades, Bridgeport Sound Tigers and Cincinnati Mighty Ducks during his AHL career.
Henrich had a pair of stints with the Falcons this year totaling two goals and one assist for three points in five games. The 6-foot-4, 225-pound native of Thornhill, Ontario also appeared in eight games with the ECHL's Ontario Reign this year where he registered five goals and four assists for nine points. He most recently was playing with the ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones. The Falcons are back in action on Saturday night as they head to Bridgeport, CT to take on the Sound Tigers starting at 7 pm, followed by a Sunday matinee at the MassMutual Center against the Adirondack Phantoms starting at 3:00 pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2009
- Teddy Bears Fly Early, Hogs Pick Up Fifth Straight - Rockford IceHogs
- Scorching Heat Is Too Much For Amerks In 6-2 Loss - Rochester Americans
- Heat Bomb Americans 6-2 - Abbotsford Heat
- Four Goal Third Period Lifts Sound Tigers Over Falcons, 7-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolves Fall To Stars, 5-3 - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Double Moose, 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Stars Shoot Past Wolves 5-3 - Texas Stars
- Falcons Lose To Sound Tigers 7-3 - Springfield Falcons
- Westgarth Fillets Sharks - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Solve Senators - Syracuse Crunch
- Two-Goal First Period Stands Up For Griffins - Peoria Rivermen
- B-Sens Fall Short In Syracuse; Lose 3-2 - Binghamton Senators
- River Rats Topple Phantoms 4-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Penguins Outscore Wolf Pack 4-1 - Connecticut Whale
- Sharks Tie Score Late But Fall In 8th Round Of Shootout In Manchester - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Roll Over Rivermen, 4-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rats Oust Phantoms 4-1 - Albany River Rats
- Admirals Can't Bear Hershey Comeback - Norfolk Admirals
- P-Bruins Defeat Pirates 4-3 - Providence Bruins
- Bruins Nip Pirates To End Streak - Portland Pirates
- Bulldogs Drop 6-5 Overtime Decision To Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Columbus Assigns Left Wing Alexandre Picard - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Vs Americans Preview - Carpentier Reassigned - Abbotsford Heat
- Capitals Claim Chris Bourque Off Waivers From Pittsburgh - Hershey Bears
- Richards Loaned To Toledo, Hogs Face Lake Erie Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Canadiens Assign Ryan White To Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Sign Chris Armstrong To AHL Contract - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.