Emeralds Give up Third Walk-off of Series against Spokane
The Emeralds bullpen was unable to hang onto a two-run lead in the ninth inning against the Spokane Indians 4-3.
The first five innings resulted in pitchers' dual innings for Emeralds' starter Kyle Harrison and Indians' starter Will Ethridge.
Once again, it would be the Emeralds striking first with a two-run home run by SS Marco Luciano for his third straight game with a home run in the sixth 2-0.
The Indians split the deficit with a solo home run by SS Julio Carreras in the seventh 2-1.
A sacrifice fly to center field by 3B Carter Aldrete would result in a close play at the plate to cash in Luciano in the eighth inning 3-1.
Emeralds would turn to RHP Nick Morreale for the save, but Indians PH Roby Martin Jr. walked it off in the ninth with a three-run home run 4-3.
The Emeralds will turn the page for tomorrow's game. RHP Ryan Murphy will pitch against Indians' LHP Joe Rock. First pitch is at 5:09 PM, 4:54 PM pregame show on 95.3 The Score.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from May 20, 2022
- Second Inning Sinks Hops Again at Everett - Hillsboro Hops
- Emeralds Give up Third Walk-off of Series against Spokane - Eugene Emeralds
- Sox Extend Winning Streak to Three Games - Everett AquaSox
- Banner Day at the Nat Capped by One-Run Triumph - Vancouver Canadians
- Small Ball Big, Bullpen Bigger in Dust Devils Win - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Emeralds Top Indians in Game Three of Series - Eugene Emeralds
- Steiner Stories: Addison Barger - Vancouver Canadians
- Wasted Chances Abound in Extra Innings Defeat - Vancouver Canadians
- One Swing Not Enough - Hillsboro Hops
- Aquasox Win Back-to-Back Games - Everett AquaSox
- Indians Take 2 of First 3 from Emeralds - Spokane Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.