Dwayne De Rosario Selected as Inactive MLS All-Star
Washington, D.C. (July 25, 2011) - Major League Soccer announced today that D.C. United midfielder Dwayne De Rosario has been selected as an inactive All-Star through the player voting process ahead of the 2011 MLS All-Star Game set to take place at Red Bull Arena on July 27 at 8:30 p.m. ET. De Rosario joins five other players selected to the inactive roster, rounding out the squad of 32 ahead of Wednesday's fixture against Manchester United.
"We are pleased that Dwayne has been recognized for his outstanding play in 2011," said D.C. United General Manager Dave Kasper. "He has been a strong addition to our team, and we look forward to his continued success over the second half of our season."
The United midfielder was acquired on June 27 from the New York Red Bulls in exchange for midfielder Dax McCarty. Prior to joining the Black-and-Red, De Rosario tallied three goals and five assists in 15 games (14 starts) for New York and Toronto. Since arriving in D.C., De Rosario has registered one goal and one assist in four games played (four starts).
This selection marks the sixth time De Rosario has been named to an MLS All-Star squad, improving upon an already impressive list of accomplishments that solidifies his place as one of the most decorated players in MLS history. Along with six MLS All-Star selections, De Rosario boasts four MLS Cups, two MLS Cup MVP awards and five selections to Major League Soccer's Best XI.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 25, 2011
- Real Salt Lake Goalkeeper Nick Rimando Named One of Six Inactive All-Stars - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Academy to Open Generation adidas Cup Play Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Whitecaps FC Striker Eric Hassli Named 2011 MLS All-Star - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Salvadorean-American Gerson Mayen Leaves Chivas USA - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Red Bulls Announce Traveling Roster, Broadcast Details for 2011 Emirates Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Midfielder Joel Lindpere Named to MLS All-Star Squad Inactive List - New York Red Bulls
- FC Barcelona's Travel Roster Unveiled - FC Dallas
- United Academy Set for Generation adidas Cup - D.C. United
- Dwayne De Rosario Selected as Inactive MLS All-Star - D.C. United
- FC Barcelona Announces Travel Roster for 2011 Herbalife World Football Challenge - D.C. United
- Independiente Announces Travel Roster for Tuesday Exhibition - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo Announce Season Ticket Prices for 2012 Season in New Downtown Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- Rapids Midfielder Sanna Nyassi Named MLS Player of the Week - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting Kansas City Digs in at Home - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Looks to Extend Seven-Match Undefeated Streak in MLS Play - Real Salt Lake
- Union return to MLS play vs. Colorado Rapids at PPL Park - Philadelphia Union
- Registration Deadline Nears for First Budweiser Adult Summer Showdown - FC Dallas
- FC Dallas to compete in CONCACAF Champions League vs. Alianza FC Thursday - FC Dallas
- Rapids Visit Philadelphia Union For Match On Friday - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire Fix Focus on Second Half of MLS Campaign - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.