Sporting Kansas City Digs in at Home
Sporting Kansas City will continue their homestand at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park on Saturday when they face the New England Revolution at 7:30 p.m. CT in an Eastern Conference clash presented by Providence Medical Center.
The match-up with New England will be the third contest of the year between the two clubs. New England defeated Sporting Kansas City by a 3-2 scoreline at Gillette Stadium on April 23rd before Sporting Kansas City eliminated the Revolution from the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with a 5-0 win on May 25th at the Blue Valley District Activities Complex.
This week also features the 2011 AT&T MLS All-Star Game with Sporting Kansas City sending two representatives - Designated Player Omar Bravo and defender Matt Besler - for the match-up with defending Barclays Premier League champions Manchester United at 7:30 p.m. CT on Wednesday at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J. The marquee match will be shown live nationwide on ESPN2 (English) and Galavision (Spanish).
Sporting Kansas City (6-6-8) is coming off a 4-2 win at home over Toronto FC on Saturday night. Kamara and Bravo each scored twice to help Sporting Kansas City stay unbeaten at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park in league play.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 25, 2011
- Real Salt Lake Goalkeeper Nick Rimando Named One of Six Inactive All-Stars - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Academy to Open Generation adidas Cup Play Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Whitecaps FC Striker Eric Hassli Named 2011 MLS All-Star - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Salvadorean-American Gerson Mayen Leaves Chivas USA - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Red Bulls Announce Traveling Roster, Broadcast Details for 2011 Emirates Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Midfielder Joel Lindpere Named to MLS All-Star Squad Inactive List - New York Red Bulls
- FC Barcelona's Travel Roster Unveiled - FC Dallas
- United Academy Set for Generation adidas Cup - D.C. United
- Dwayne De Rosario Selected as Inactive MLS All-Star - D.C. United
- FC Barcelona Announces Travel Roster for 2011 Herbalife World Football Challenge - D.C. United
- Independiente Announces Travel Roster for Tuesday Exhibition - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo Announce Season Ticket Prices for 2012 Season in New Downtown Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- Rapids Midfielder Sanna Nyassi Named MLS Player of the Week - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting Kansas City Digs in at Home - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Looks to Extend Seven-Match Undefeated Streak in MLS Play - Real Salt Lake
- Union return to MLS play vs. Colorado Rapids at PPL Park - Philadelphia Union
- Registration Deadline Nears for First Budweiser Adult Summer Showdown - FC Dallas
- FC Dallas to compete in CONCACAF Champions League vs. Alianza FC Thursday - FC Dallas
- Rapids Visit Philadelphia Union For Match On Friday - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire Fix Focus on Second Half of MLS Campaign - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.