Red Bulls Announce Traveling Roster, Broadcast Details for 2011 Emirates Cup
HARRISON, NJ (July 25, 2011) - The Red Bulls announced the roster that will be traveling with the team for participation in the 2011 Emirates Cup on July 30 and 31 at the Emirates Stadium in London, England. The team will play two matches during the showcase tournament, facing off against French side Paris Saint-Germain on Saturday, July 30 at 9:00 AM ET, while facing the former club of Thierry Henry, Arsenal FC, on Sunday, July 31 at 11:20 AM ET.
The Red Bulls match on Saturday, July 30 against Paris Saint-Germain will be broadcast live locally on MSG and nationally on ESPN Deportes. On Sunday, July 31, the Red Bulls-Arsenal match will be broadcast live, nationally in English by Fox Soccer Channel and in Spanish Fox Sports en Espanol.
There will be three periods of availability to the media while the Red Bulls are in London. Head Coach Hans Backe and forward Thierry Henry will be available at a press conference on Friday, July 29 at the Emirates Stadium at 5:00 PM local time. The entire team will be available following each of the club's games in the tournament at the Emirates Stadium on July 30 and 31.
The club's traveling roster for the 2011 Emirates Cup is as follows:
Goalkeepers (2): Frank Rost, Bouna Coundoul
Defenders (10): Chris Albright, Mike Jones, Stephen Keel, Tyler Lassiter, Rafa Marquez, Carlos Mendes, Roy Miller, Tim Ream, Teddy Schneider, Jan Gunnar Solli
Midfielders (6): Matt Kassel, Joel Lindpere, Dax McCarty, Dane Richards, John Rooney, Teemu Tainio
Forwards (3): Juan Agudelo, Thierry Henry, Corey Hertzog
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 25, 2011
- Real Salt Lake Goalkeeper Nick Rimando Named One of Six Inactive All-Stars - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Academy to Open Generation adidas Cup Play Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Whitecaps FC Striker Eric Hassli Named 2011 MLS All-Star - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Salvadorean-American Gerson Mayen Leaves Chivas USA - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Red Bulls Announce Traveling Roster, Broadcast Details for 2011 Emirates Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Midfielder Joel Lindpere Named to MLS All-Star Squad Inactive List - New York Red Bulls
- FC Barcelona's Travel Roster Unveiled - FC Dallas
- United Academy Set for Generation adidas Cup - D.C. United
- Dwayne De Rosario Selected as Inactive MLS All-Star - D.C. United
- FC Barcelona Announces Travel Roster for 2011 Herbalife World Football Challenge - D.C. United
- Independiente Announces Travel Roster for Tuesday Exhibition - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo Announce Season Ticket Prices for 2012 Season in New Downtown Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- Rapids Midfielder Sanna Nyassi Named MLS Player of the Week - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting Kansas City Digs in at Home - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Looks to Extend Seven-Match Undefeated Streak in MLS Play - Real Salt Lake
- Union return to MLS play vs. Colorado Rapids at PPL Park - Philadelphia Union
- Registration Deadline Nears for First Budweiser Adult Summer Showdown - FC Dallas
- FC Dallas to compete in CONCACAF Champions League vs. Alianza FC Thursday - FC Dallas
- Rapids Visit Philadelphia Union For Match On Friday - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire Fix Focus on Second Half of MLS Campaign - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls Rout FC Dallas, 3-0
- Match Preview: Red Bull Arena's Summer Celebration Features RBNY and FC Dallas
- Red Bull Arena to Host Atletico Nacional and America de Cali for Club Friendly
- Red Bulls Knocked out of U.S. Open Cup
- Match Preview: New York and Philadelphia Clash in Open Cup for Fourth-Straight Year