Salvadorean-American Gerson Mayen Leaves Chivas USA
CARSON, CA. (Monday, July 25, 2011) - Chivas USA announced today that midfielder Gerson Mayén will join Miami FC of the USSF Division 2 Pro League on loan for a second occasion. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.
"This move allows Mayén to get first-team matches and minutes at a high level, and that experience will help him moving forward," said Chivas USA General Manager Jose Domene. "Gerson is a very young player with a lot of potential who basically needs more time on the field to develop his abilities and obtain experience. That is the intention behind the loan for Gerson who is a product of the Chivas USA youth academy".
Mayén, a Los Angeles native and a Chivas USA Youth Academy product, signed with Red-and-White on March 27, 2008 and made his MLS debut in the second game of the 2009 season, a match in which he also earned his first assist. Mayén played 12 matches in 2009 and had played four games including two starts in 2010 for the Red-and-White. Was loaned to Miami FC once before at the end of 2010. Returned to the club and played a good deal of first team minutes throughout the 2011 preseason and additionally appeared in 4 games including one start accumulating a total of 106 minutes for this season.
Chivas USA hit the road and square off with Dallas this Sunday. Following the 3-0 crushing of the Houston Dynamo last Saturday night, the Goats go on the road for the first of 5 consecutive matches away from their home. Chivas USA will look to return the defeat it received from FC Dallas last June at The Home Depot Center and make it a clean sweep of Texas in the month of July. The match will kick off this Sunday July 31st at 4:00 p.m. PT and will be broadcast on Galavision for TV and W Radio 690 AM for radio. The Red and White are on a hot streak they look to continue and finish off the month of July without any setbacks. For information on the game, please visit cdchivasusa.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 25, 2011
- Real Salt Lake Goalkeeper Nick Rimando Named One of Six Inactive All-Stars - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Academy to Open Generation adidas Cup Play Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Whitecaps FC Striker Eric Hassli Named 2011 MLS All-Star - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Salvadorean-American Gerson Mayen Leaves Chivas USA - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Red Bulls Announce Traveling Roster, Broadcast Details for 2011 Emirates Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Midfielder Joel Lindpere Named to MLS All-Star Squad Inactive List - New York Red Bulls
- FC Barcelona's Travel Roster Unveiled - FC Dallas
- United Academy Set for Generation adidas Cup - D.C. United
- Dwayne De Rosario Selected as Inactive MLS All-Star - D.C. United
- FC Barcelona Announces Travel Roster for 2011 Herbalife World Football Challenge - D.C. United
- Independiente Announces Travel Roster for Tuesday Exhibition - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo Announce Season Ticket Prices for 2012 Season in New Downtown Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- Rapids Midfielder Sanna Nyassi Named MLS Player of the Week - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting Kansas City Digs in at Home - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Looks to Extend Seven-Match Undefeated Streak in MLS Play - Real Salt Lake
- Union return to MLS play vs. Colorado Rapids at PPL Park - Philadelphia Union
- Registration Deadline Nears for First Budweiser Adult Summer Showdown - FC Dallas
- FC Dallas to compete in CONCACAF Champions League vs. Alianza FC Thursday - FC Dallas
- Rapids Visit Philadelphia Union For Match On Friday - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire Fix Focus on Second Half of MLS Campaign - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.