Dust Devils Blow Away 'Sox, 9-5
EVERETT, Wash. - After tying the game twice, the Everett AquaSox fell to the Tri-City Dust Devils, 9-5.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Kelvin Melean drove in the Dust Devils' first runs of the game with a two-RBI double in the bottom of the first. Before the end of the inning, Nick Gatewood hit a two-run home run, bringing the score to 4-0.
The Frogs stuck in the third inning when a fielder's choice allowed Cash Gladfelter to score. Cesar Izturis Jr. tacked on a second run for the 'Sox with an RBI single. Carter Bins tied the game in the sixth inning with an RBI-single, driving in Izturis Jr. and Robert Perez.
A fielder's choice in the seventh inning allowed Tri-City to take the lead, 5-4. The Frogs bounced back, ending the inning with a double play. Cade Marlowe brought the game back to even with a solo shot in the eighth inning, but Reinaldo Ilarraza hit a grand slam in the ninth, solidifying the Dust Devils' victory, 9-5.
WRAPPING IT UP
At the plate, the Frogs registered nine hits, including one double and one home run. On the mound, George Kirby started, pitching three innings with three strikeouts and four runs scored, one of which was earned. Brayan Perez completed five innings, striking out three, while Brock Minich closed the game, allowing four earned runs.
Up next, the AquaSox return to Funko Field on Friday, August 16 to take on the Tri-City Dust Devils. With the Jay Buhner Funko Pop! Giveaway, the Masked Singer and the Game-Worn Everett Giants Hat Auction, this is a night you won't want to miss. Tickets, family outings and ticket packages are available for Friday's game! For tickets, visit AquaSox.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 16, 2019
- Strumpf Headed up to South Bend - Eugene Emeralds
- Hillsboro Gains Shutout 6-0 Win over Boise in Game Two - Boise Hawks
- Volcanoes Land Super-Prospect Marco Luciano - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Ilarraza's Grand Slam Lifts Tri-City - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Volcanoes Lose Fifth Straight to Eugene 5-3 - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Hops Get Back on Track - Hillsboro Hops
- Ems Stay Tied Atop South Division Setting up Chance to Sweep Salem-Keizer - Eugene Emeralds
- King Kloff Helps Shutout Spokane on Thursday Night - Vancouver Canadians
- Dust Devils Blow Away 'Sox, 9-5 - Everett AquaSox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.