Dragons Notes for Thursday
Thursday, August 22, 2019 l Game # 59 (129)
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Fort Wayne TinCaps (24-34, 57-69) at Dayton Dragons (25-33, 53-75)
LH Cullen Dana (2-2, 6.26) vs. RH Eduardo Salazar (6-3, 4.23)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Fort Wayne TinCaps (affiliate of the San Diego Padres) in the second game of a three-game series.
2019 Season Series between Dayton and Fort Wayne: Dragons 9, TinCaps 9, (at Dayton: Dragons 7, TinCaps 1).
Last Game: Wednesday: Dayton 6, Fort Wayne 4. The Dragons broke a 4-4 tie with two runs in the bottom of the eighth inning to earn their second straight win. Morgan Lofstrom and Miguel Hernandez both went 3 for 3 to lead a 10-hit Dayton attack. Jay Schuyler added two hits and scored two runs. On the mound, starter Connor Curlis continued an excellent personal month of August, allowing one earned run in six innings.
The Dragons are batting .315 as a team over their last five games (52 for 165). They enjoyed a streak of 17 consecutive innings with at least one hit that began with the eighth inning on Monday night and ended in the seventh inning on Wednesday.
Dragons pitchers have posted a 1.90 ERA over the last eight games (since the start of the last road trip), allowing 15 earned runs in 71 innings. They have gone 4-4 in those eight games.
Morgan Lofstrom over his last 11 games is batting .378 with one home run and nine runs batted in. He is batting .366 in August (13 G).
Miguel Hernandez has gone 5 for 5 with four doubles in his last two games. Hernandez over his last seven games is 11 for 22 (.500) with five doubles and triple. He is batting .345 in August (19 G).
Juan Martinez has a six-game hitting streak, going 8 for 24 (.333) with two home runs.
Jay Schuyler over his last 27 games is batting .301.
Michael Siani over his last five games is 8 for 22 (.364) with a home run.
Connor Curlis in the month of August has posted an ERA of 1.16 in four starts (23.1 IP, 3 ER).
Adrian Rodriguez in the month of August has posted an ERA of 0.98 in four games (three starts) (18.1 IP, 2 ER).
Clate Schmidt in the month of August has posted an ERA of 1.80 in six games (one start) (15 IP, 3 ER).
Matt Pidich over his last 27 games: 1.52 ERA, 47.1 IP, 30 H, 16 R, 8 ER, 14 BB, 54 SO.
Eddy Demurias over his last four games: 0.00 ERA, 9 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Friday, August 23 (7:00 p.m.): Fort Wayne RH Adrian Martinez (5-4, 3.63) at Dayton RH Clate Schmidt (1-0, 2.39)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 22, 2019
- First Baseman Brodt Is Promoted to Double-A - Lansing Lugnuts
- Rattlers Stay Hot with 6-2 Win over Bees - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Roederer's Multi-Home Run Performance Fuels 8-1 Cubs Win - South Bend Cubs
- Big 1st Helps Cubs Drop Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- McCarthy Fans 10 in Blowout Loss - Lake County Captains
- 10th Inning Houdini Act Clinches Series for Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Clinton Shuts Out Cedar Rapids in Second Straight - Clinton LumberKings
- Beloit Falls in Extras to Kane County 2-1 - Beloit Snappers
- Loons Ride the Wave - Great Lakes Loons
- Lloyd, Hernandez Key Dragons Third Straight Win - Dayton Dragons
- Missed Opportunities Haunt Bandits in 2-1 Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Win Second Straight, Clinch Series v. Bandits - Peoria Chiefs
- Williams-Sutton Homers, Fort Wayne Falls - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cedar Rapids Experiences Deja Vu at Clinton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 22 at Dayton (Game 127) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- J.T. Perez placed on 7-day Injured List; Alex Schick activated from 7-day Injured List; LaMonte Wade assigned to Pensacola - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons President Robert Murphy Selected as Ballpark Digest Baseball Executive of the Year
- Dayton Dragons 2019 Season in Review
- Dragons Notch Walk-Off Win in Season Finale
- Dragons Notes for Monday
- Whitecaps Top Dragons 2-0 Before Season's Largest Crowd on Sunday Afternoon