Dragons Notes for Monday
Monday, April 22, 2019 l Game # 17
Classic Park l Eastlake, Ohio l 6:35 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (6-10) at Lake County Captains (10-6)
RH Jhon De Jesus (1-1, 3.77) vs. LH Raymond Burgos (2-0, 1.84)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lake County Captains (affiliate of the Cleveland Indians) in the first game of a three-game set. This is game four of a six-game, seven-day road trip for Dayton.
Current Record on Trip: 1-2. 2019 Record vs. Lake County: 1-1. Last Game: Saturday: Lansing 4, Dayton 0.
The Dragons have split eight games since being swept in a four-game series at Fort Wayne April 8-11. Their record on the year outside of that series is 6-6. Overall, they are 4-3 at home; 2-7 on the road. They have lost seven of eight road games since a 6-0 shutout win at Bowling Green in their first road game of the year on April 6.
The Dragons have hit five home runs over the last five games after connecting on just three homers in their first 11 games. Despite producing no extra base hits in their last game on Saturday, they still have 22 extra base hits in their last six games after collecting 18 in their first 10 games.
Prior to going 3 for 30 as a team on Saturday, the Dragons were batting .276 over their previous five games.
Jonathan Willems over his last seven games is 9 for 22 (.409) with a home run and two doubles. He had a six-game hitting streak snapped on Saturday.
Alexis Diaz has made five relief appearances, allowing just two hits and two runs in 9.2 innings while striking out 16 and walking three. Opponents are batting .061 against him.
Mariel Bautista is 6 for 20 (.300) with two home runs and four RBI in his last five games.
Miguel Hernandez has a five-game hitting streak, going 7 for 18 (.389) with two doubles.
Juan Martinez over his last four games is 5 for 13 (.385) with four doubles and four RBI.
Pabel Manzanero over his last three games is 5 for 13 (.385) with a home run and two doubles.
Jay Schuyler has a five-game hitting streak, going 6 for 20 (.300).
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Tuesday, April 23 (6:30 p.m.): Dayton RH James Marinan (0-1, 3.95) at Lake County RH Juan Mota (0-2, 7.71)
Wednesday, April 24 (12:00 noon): Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (0-2, 5.73) at Lake County RH Shane McCarthy (2-1, 1.69)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 22, 2019
- Proctor Homers Hot Rods to 3-1 Victory on Monday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Tommy Parsons Tosses 2-Hit Shutout to Beat Quad Cities - Peoria Chiefs
- Murray K's 10 Before Cubs Win in 10, 13-10 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cubs Win Wild Series Opener in Lansing 13-10 - South Bend Cubs
- River Bandits Unable to Solve Parsons in 7-0 Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Four Spot Sends Cougars Four Above .500 - Kane County Cougars
- Lightning Strikes Twice in 5-1 Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Weathers Impresses Again, But TinCaps Drop Series Opener - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Loons Continue Search for Right Recipe - Great Lakes Loons
- Lake County Erases 4-Run Deficit to Defeat Dragons, 5-4 - Dayton Dragons
- Rattlers Rained Out at Home on Monday - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels, Timber Rattlers Postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Treat Mom to Mother's Day Brunch at the Ballpark on May 12 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bowling Green Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 22 vs. Bowling Green (Game 17) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Dubin Named Midwest League Pitcher of the Week - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.