Dorta Back, Yepez to Potomac
The Harrisburg Senators announced today that all-star infielder Melvin Dorta has been returned to the Senators from the Washington Nationals. The Nationals removed Damian Jackson from the disabled list, bumping Dorta back to Harrisburg.
In the few days with the major league team, Dorta appeared in two games. One appearance was as a pinch runner and he was caught stealing and the other as a pinch hitter, he lined to third.
Infielder Marcos Yepez will be sent to Potomac to make room for Dorta. This ends the second trip to Harrisburg this season for Yepez. He has played in a total of four games for Harrisburg in 2006 and is 2 for 10 at the plate with 2 runs scored.
The Senators' roster stands at 23 active players.
Harrisburg will start a seven game road trip tonight in Altoona against the Curve. Harrisburg's next home game will be August 1st against the Curve.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 24, 2006
- Home runs help Baysox destroy Defenders, 10-1 - Bowie Baysox
- B-Mets defeat New Hampshire 7-5, Fisher Cats drop to 0-7 at NYSEG Stadium - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- B-Mets' offense leads way to win over Fisher Cats - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder rally in ninth for 6-5 win - Trenton Thunder
- Hall's grand slam helps Baysox destroy Defenders, 10-1 - Bowie Baysox
- Defenders take loss in tough homecoming against Bowie 10-1 - Connecticut Defenders
- Curve shutout Senators 2-0, Perez sets record - Altoona Curve
- Sea Dogs top Reading 5-3 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Tuesday's Adam West appearance at BCB to be rescheduled - Altoona Curve
- Miguel Pinango Named Eastern League Pitcher Of The Week - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Eastern League announces weekly award winners - EL
- Dorta Back, Yepez to Potomac - Harrisburg Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Taylor Homers, Pitching Superb, Sens Win 1-0 over Altoona
- Taylor Provides Game Winning Hit in Sens 3-2 Walk-Off Win
- Senators and Reading Fightin Phils Postponed Friday Night
- Sens Score Five in the Second En Route to 5-3 Win
- Sagdal's Swat, Sharp Pitching Lift Senators to 2-0 Victory