Don't be Baffled as Saints Become St. Paul Guttural Uff Das on August 13
ST. PAUL, MN - The St. Paul Saints, always going against the grain, had fun last season with all the rebranding going on in Minor League Baseball. A "50 Names/50 Games" April Fools joke turned into a one-night name change to the "St. Paul Duck Duck Gray Ducks." This season the Saints are continuing with that theme. With more Norwegians living in Minnesota than any other state as immigrants began entering the state in the early 1800s, the Saints will honor the Scandinavian roots of the state by changing their name for one night.
On Monday, August 13 the Saints will remove their familiar moniker in favor of one that may baffle and dismay their fans as they become the St. Paul Guttural Uff Das. The Saints will wear special Uff Da jerseys that will be auctioned off during the game. Fans can secure their Uff Da paraphernalia by purchasing a special ticket package. The package can be found at saintsgroups.com using the password: uffda. For $18 fans will get an outfield reserved seat along with an Uff Da t-shirt or for $11 a SPLASH Zone Bleacher Seat along with an Uff Da t-shirt.
Uff Da is an interjection of Norwegian origin, brought by Scandinavian Americans to the upper Midwest during the 19th century. It can be used as an expression of surprise, astonishment, relief, and sometimes dismay. It can often be used for common obscenities. The saying is so common in Norway that Charlie Brown uses the phrase "Uff Da" instead of "Good Grief."
The Saints take on the Sioux Falls Canaries at 7:05 p.m. and fans can bid on the Uff Da jerseys during the game. The auction table is located down the right field line in between the Saints offices and the Treasure Island ship.
Saints tickets continue to be a tremendous value. Tickets begin at $5 for the Treasure Island berm seating (available only on day of game in person at the box office), $6 for SPLASH Zone bleacher seats, $14 for outfield reserved, $16 for the drink rail and $18 for infield reserved and home plate reserved. Friday Home Games with Post-Game Fireworks are an additional $2 per ticket. Post-Game Fireworks Supershow (September 2) are an additional $3 per ticket. Tickets purchased on the day of the game are an additional $2 per ticket. Children under the age of 14 and seniors 65 and older receive $1 off the admission price. Children under 2 that don't require a seat are free.
The Saints Box Office hours on non-game days are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. On game days, the Box Office will open at 9 a.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. Saturday and 12:00 p.m. on Sunday and will remain open until 15 minutes following each game. Tickets are always available at saintsbaseball.com.
Images from this story
St. Paul Saints' "St. Paul Guttural Uff Da" jersey
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 2, 2018
- T-Bones' Longballs Too Much for Canaries - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Homers Drive Goldeyes to Series Win over Saltdogs - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Two Homers Not Enough in 5-4 Rubber Match Defeat - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wichita Falls Flat in Series Finale - Wichita Wingnuts
- Metzger Bats in All Five Runs as Hawks Take Series from Saints - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints Lose in Grand Fashion 5-2 to the RedHawks - St. Paul Saints
- First Place 'Cats Chase Down Playoff Spot with Fireworks , Darth Vader, And - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Haymarket Park Hosting Military Appreciation Weekend - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Don't be Baffled as Saints Become St. Paul Guttural Uff Das on August 13 - St. Paul Saints
- RedHawks' Late Inning Comeback Falls Short to Saints 7-5 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- T-Bones Rattle the Birdcage in 12-5 Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- Railroaders Halt X's Win Streak at Nine Games - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Heyman's Homer Sinks Saltdogs in the 10th - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Late T-Bones Run Sinks Canaries - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Simms Stellar Start Lifts Dogs to 5-2 Win - Chicago Dogs
- AirHogs Win Thriller to Clinch Season Series vs. Gary - Texas AirHogs
- Late Homers Lift Goldeyes in Extras - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. Paul Saints Stories
- Saints Battle Back, But Fall Just Short 4-3 to Goldeyes
- Saints Set Franchise Record with 10 Hits in 10-Run Fourth, Knock out Goldeyes 16-9 in First "Home" Win
- Two-Time Mid-Season, Three-Time Post-Season All-Star Nate Samson Joins Saints
- Zimmerman Strikes out Career Tying High Nine as Saints Bunt Their Way to 3-2 Victory
- Saints Left with Sour Taste in Their Mouth After 12-4 Loss to Milkmen