Donald Brown to Throw Out First Pitch at May 12th BlueClaws Game
LAKEWOOD, N.J. - After his first scheduled appearance at FirstEnergy Park was rained out, Donald Brown, Red Bank Catholic grad and 2009 NFL first-round pick, will be in Lakewood to throw out a first pitch at Tuesday's BlueClaws game.
Brown, a native of Atlantic Highlands, was selected 27th overall by the Indianapolis Colts in this year's NFL Draft. He led the nation in rushing in 2008 while at UConn.
He was scheduled to appear with members of the first Donald Brown Leadership Conference at the BlueClaws game on April 20th, but the night was washed out by rain.
Brown recently hosted the first Donald Brown Leadership Conference, where he spoke to 86 Shore Conference football players about leadership and success off of the football field. Those 86 players will each receive a complimentary ticket to that night's BlueClaws game.
"Donald has done something special with his leadership conference," said BlueClaws General Manager Geoff Brown, no relation. "We're very appreciative that he was able to re-schedule and we're thrilled to welcome him to Lakewood on Tuesday."
The game begins at 6:35 pm, with an on-field ceremony honoring the Leadership Conference attendees beginning at roughly 6 pm.
The Lakewood BlueClaws welcomed 425,166 fans to FirstEnergy Park during the 2008 season which upped their eight-season total to 3,595,378. They have led the South Atlantic League in average or overall attendance in each of their eight seasons. This year, all children ages 12 and under, will eat for free at every 2009 home game, thanks to ShopRite and NJ 101.5.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 7, 2009
- Drive Capture Thrilling 6-5 Victory in 12 Innings - Greenville Drive
- Gnats fall in twelve innnings, 6-5 - Savannah Sand Gnats
- RiverDogs Mug Tourists, 2-1, in 11 Innings - Charleston RiverDogs
- Shorebirds blank Power 4-0 - Charleston Dirty Birds
- Suns top Grasshoppers 4-2 - Hagerstown Suns
- Intimdators fall to Cloyd, Lakewood 2-0 - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Cloyd Fans Eight in Eight in Shutout Victory - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Captains top Crawdads in Wednesday matinee - Hickory Crawdads
- Braves Homer Past Legends - Rome Braves
- Donald Brown to Throw Out First Pitch at May 12th BlueClaws Game - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Intimidators' Mascot Tim E. Gator To Visit Cabarrus Kids - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Legends lose series opener to Braves, 4-2 - Lexington Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.