'Dogs Drop Both in Kc Doubleheader
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The Saltdogs and T-Bones made up a game from May 21 in Wednesday night's doubleheader, and Kansas City won both - 4-2 in Game 1 and 1-0 in Game 2.
In Game 1, the 'Dogs opened the scoring in the 6th inning. After Christian Ibarra and Nick Schulz walked with two outs, Cody Regis doubled down the left-field line to make it 1-0.
Ricky Knapp had tossed five scoreless innings to begin his 16th start, but he allowed four in the bottom of the 6th, including a game-tying RBI single from Chris Colabello followed up by Casey Gillaspie's go-ahead RBI single.
Knapp ultimately allowed four runs on eight hits over six innings, while Akeem Bostick tossed six innings and allowed just one run in his second win this year.
In Game 2, the T-Bones scored the game's only run in the 3rd inning. With runners on the corners and two outs, Colabello hit a ground ball over to short that Christian Ibarra couldn't field cleanly and eventually allowed Shawn O'Malley to score.
Lincoln had the bases loaded with nobody out in the 5th, but after Steve Pascual struck out Curt Smith hit a soft liner to short that O'Malley caught to threw back to second and double up Daniel Herrera.
Tyler Anderson tossed three innings and allowed an unearned run, while Reese Gregory tossed three scoreless innings in relief. The Saltdogs needed just one reliever in the 14 innings on Wednesday.
The Saltdogs have now been eliminated from playoff contention in 2019.
The teams continue their final series on Thursday morning. First-pitch time is scheduled for 11:05 a.m., and pregame coverage will begin at 10:35 a.m. on ESPN Lincoln 101.5 FM/1480 AM.
The Saltdogs are playing their 19th season in Lincoln. All ticket and promo information can be found at saltdogs.com, and follow the 'Dogs on Twitter/Instagram @saltdogsball.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 21, 2019
- Big Homers, Big Innings Lift Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Birds Score 20 Runs in Blowout Win over Texas - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sioux City Bullpen Clamps Cleburne - Cleburne Railroaders
- AirHogs Look Tired in 20-5 loss to Sioux Falls - Texas AirHogs
- A Sense of Relief as Saints Win Eighth Straight with 5-2 Victory over RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Dogs Drop Series Opener on Wiener Wednesday - Chicago Dogs
- Early 2-0 Lead, Mooney's 2 Hits and 2 RBIs Not Enough in 5-2 Loss to Saints - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 'Dogs Drop Both in Kc Doubleheader - Lincoln Saltdogs
- RailCats Acquire Catcher Smith in Three-Team Trade - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Walk-Off Thriller Knocks T-Bones out of Wild Card Lead - Kansas City T-Bones
- Explorers Retake Wild Card on Kelly Walk Off - Sioux City Explorers
- Late Rally for Milkmen Falls Short to Chicago - Milwaukee Milkmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lincoln Saltdogs Stories
- Major League Baseball, American Association Announce Partnership
- A difficult decision, Saltdogs to cancel the 2020 Season
- Saltdogs Cancel 2020 Season
- Start of 2020 Season Delayed by Covid-19 Pandemic
- 'Dogs Sign Former MLB Pitcher Dallas Beeler, Re-Sign LHP Kyle Kinman