Late Rally for Milkmen Falls Short to Chicago
A damp afternoon brought out the mosquitos, which was fitting for Mosquito Day here at Routine Field.
The Milkmen took the lead early in the first with an RBI single by Garrett Copeland.
The Chicago Dogs took a 2-1 lead in the fourth and would extend their lead in the six and eighth innings, with the two runs scored in the eighth coming off a pair of solo homers.
Milwaukee rallied with two runs in the eighth, one of which was an RBI single by Manny Boscan (49). The Milkmen finished with 6 hits and 7 men left on base.
Milwaukee starter, T.J. House, took his ninth loss. He pitched 3 1/3 innings, allowing 6 hits, 4 runs (3 earned), 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts.
The Milkmen remain home and start a three game series with the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks. The first game will be tomorrow (August 21st) with a 7:05 pm first pitch.
It's not only Ladies Night, but bring your four legged friends to our Bark in the Park night, presented by Lulu's Dog Pawlour. For more information, visit milwaukeemilkmen.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 21, 2019
- Big Homers, Big Innings Lift Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Birds Score 20 Runs in Blowout Win over Texas - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sioux City Bullpen Clamps Cleburne - Cleburne Railroaders
- AirHogs Look Tired in 20-5 loss to Sioux Falls - Texas AirHogs
- A Sense of Relief as Saints Win Eighth Straight with 5-2 Victory over RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Dogs Drop Series Opener on Wiener Wednesday - Chicago Dogs
- Early 2-0 Lead, Mooney's 2 Hits and 2 RBIs Not Enough in 5-2 Loss to Saints - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 'Dogs Drop Both in Kc Doubleheader - Lincoln Saltdogs
- RailCats Acquire Catcher Smith in Three-Team Trade - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Walk-Off Thriller Knocks T-Bones out of Wild Card Lead - Kansas City T-Bones
- Explorers Retake Wild Card on Kelly Walk Off - Sioux City Explorers
- Late Rally for Milkmen Falls Short to Chicago - Milwaukee Milkmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Milkmen Stories
- Kansas City Royals Purchase Contract of Peyton Gray from Milwaukee Milkmen
- American Association to Become Partner League with Major League Baseball
- Heroic Effort from Holmberg Propels Milkmen to American Association Championship Series Victory
- Milkmen Fall to Canaries in Game Four, 5-3
- Milkmen Double up Canaries 10-5 to Take Commanding 3-0 Championship Series Lead