AirHogs Look Tired in 20-5 loss to Sioux Falls
Very little went right tonight for the Texas AirHogs in game one of the series in Sioux Falls. Following a game in Texas last night the AirHogs hit the road for a 15 hour trip to Sioux Falls and it showed in the team's play tonight as they fell 20-5.
After a quick 1-2-3 first inning Zech Lemond has the wheels fall off in the second inning. It was an 8 run second inning for the Birds that saw 14 Sioux Falls batters come to the plate. Unfortunately Lemond continued to struggle allowing another run in the 3rd, 2 more in the 4th, and a final run in the 5th inning.
Sang Yang was the next man on the chopping block. He allowed 4 runs in the 6th although only one was earned. Song Yunqi worked the 7th allowing 4 more runs. Then Finally Left Fielder Justin Byrd worked a scoreless 8th. The 20 runs scored tonight is a new season high for Sioux Falls, their previous was 18 in a game May 20th against the AirHogs.
Matt Dean has a great night at the plate, collecting 4 hits including a solo homer and a double. Na Chuang continued his hitting streak with an RBI single in a 1-3 performance. Justin Byrd also had 3 hits tonight including a double.
The AirHogs prepare for game two of the series with Sioux Falls tomorrow night, first pitch at 7:05. The AirHogs are sending RHP Erik Manoah to the mound hoping to turn things around.
Individual tickets for the 2019 season are on sale now. Visit AirHogsBaseball.com for more information.
All AirHogs games are available on Mixlr.com/txairhogs and home game video streams are available at Americanassociationbaseball.tv.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 21, 2019
- Big Homers, Big Innings Lift Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Birds Score 20 Runs in Blowout Win over Texas - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sioux City Bullpen Clamps Cleburne - Cleburne Railroaders
- AirHogs Look Tired in 20-5 loss to Sioux Falls - Texas AirHogs
- A Sense of Relief as Saints Win Eighth Straight with 5-2 Victory over RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Dogs Drop Series Opener on Wiener Wednesday - Chicago Dogs
- Early 2-0 Lead, Mooney's 2 Hits and 2 RBIs Not Enough in 5-2 Loss to Saints - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 'Dogs Drop Both in Kc Doubleheader - Lincoln Saltdogs
- RailCats Acquire Catcher Smith in Three-Team Trade - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Walk-Off Thriller Knocks T-Bones out of Wild Card Lead - Kansas City T-Bones
- Explorers Retake Wild Card on Kelly Walk Off - Sioux City Explorers
- Late Rally for Milkmen Falls Short to Chicago - Milwaukee Milkmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.