Dogs Best Goldeyes in Rosemont
ROSEMONT, IL - The Winnipeg Goldeyes lost 4-1 to the Chicago Dogs at Impact Field on Saturday night.
Tony Rosselli broke a scoreless tie in the bottom of the fourth with a two-out, two-run double to right-centre field.
In the bottom of the fifth, Edwin Arroyo drew a leadoff walk, took second on a wild pitch, advanced to third on a Rubi Silva flyout to centre, and scored the Dogs' third run when Trey Vavra hit a sacrifice fly to centre.
Josh Mazzola led off the top of the seventh with a long home run to left-centre that cut Chicago's lead to 3-1.
Joe Benson led off the bottom of the eighth with a single to left. Benson tagged and advanced to second when Dalton Blaser flied out to left. Stephen Perez then drove in Benson with a single down the right field line that made it 4-1.
Taylor Grover pitched around an error and a Mazzola single in the top of the ninth to earn his 10th save of the year.
Former Major League left-hander Scott Barnes (2-4) started for Chicago and picked up the win. Barnes threw five shutout innings on four hits, walking four and striking out six.
Tyler Herron (6-9) started took the loss for Winnipeg, allowing two unearned runs on six hits in four innings. Herron walked one and struck out one.
The series concludes Sunday afternoon at 1:05 p.m. Brennan Bernardino (0-0, 0.00) makes his first career start. The Dogs go with right-hander Trevor Simms (1-2, 3.32). All the action can be heard locally on 93.7 FM CJNU and worldwide at www.cjnu.ca
The Goldeyes return home on Friday, August 17th when they host the Sioux City Explorers. Tickets for all Goldeyes' home games are on sale now by visiting www.ticketmaster.ca/Goldeyes, or visiting any Ticketmaster location, including the box office at Shaw Park.
For information regarding Winnipeg Goldeyes' season tickets, 10-game mini packs, and group outings, call the Goldeyes' office at (204) 982-BASE, or visit the Goldeyes' official website at www.goldeyes.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 11, 2018
- T-Bones with Comeback in Ninth to Beat X's - Sioux City Explorers
- Saints Lose Playoff-Type Game, 4-2, to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Early Deficit Proves Too Steep for Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saltdogs Leave 13 on Base in 4-1 Loss - Lincoln Saltdogs
- T-Bones Rally Late in Sioux City - Kansas City T-Bones
- RailCats Regain First Place Lead in North Division with 4-2 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Zhang Tao Leads Texas to 4-1 Win in Lincoln - Texas AirHogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Railroaders Hang on to Even Series - Cleburne Railroaders
- Dogs Best Goldeyes in Rosemont - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Thompson Pitches Canaries to Fifth Straight Win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Add Depth in Bullpen for Playoff Run, Sign Triple-A Righty Evan Mitchell - St. Paul Saints
- X's Win Instant Classic with Walk off in Extras - Sioux City Explorers
- T-Bones' Fight to the Finish Comes up Short - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.