Diablos Win Suspended Game, Blow Out Lemurs In Second Contest In Front Of Record Crowd
EL PASO, TX- The Diablos finished off a game suspended because of rain with a 3-2 walk off victory in extra innings, and then set season highs in hits and runs in a 22-7 romp over the Laredo Lemurs in front of a record-setting crowd at Cohen Stadium.
Tied 2-2 after nine innings in a game that picked up in the seventh, the Diablos loaded the bases for Scott Clement in the bottom of the tenth. Clement promptly lined a single to right field to give El Paso a one-run victory in game one of the pseudo double-header.
Game two proved to be a mismatch, with the Diablos piling up 22 runs and 23 hits to earn their second victory of the day. Nelson Teilon led the way for the Diablos with five RBI's, and Mitch Einertson added his second home run in as many days for El Paso.
Every regular except for Clement finished with at least two hits, and Welington Dotel had five on his own to pace the Diablos' prolific night at the plate.
Scott Hodsdon became an afterthought despite his second straight impressive start. Hodsdon pitched six solid, innings, giving up only three runs and striking out seven before being lifted due to the game being out of reach for the opposition.
The victory was watched by a Cohen Stadium record crowd of 13,516 as the Diablos continued their tradition of capacity crowds at the ballpark on Independence Day.
The Diablos are 14-29 and will go for their second three game winning streak of the year at 7:05 p.m. on Thursday in game three of the four game series with Laredo.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 5, 2012
- Bullpen Bodacious, Bats Still Burnin' as 'Dogs Edge Saints - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Milner, Irvine Help T-Bones Dominate Sioux Falls - Kansas City Monarchs
- Saints Lose Second Straight One Run Game, 9-8, to Saltdogs - St. Paul Saints
- Explorers win 4-2 - Sioux City Explorers
- Former Bird Gus Milner Leads Attack on Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Fish Sunk Early by RedHawks - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- AirHogs Win Tight Game over Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Salazar Shuts Down RailCats in 4-2 Loss - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Final Two Games of Homestand to Pack Plenty of Excitement - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Add Outfielder Miles Durham - St. Paul Saints
- Lawhorn Is Fans' Choice for Top Third Baseman - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Giving 15,000 Fans a Chance to Spend Holiday Weekend at "The Cabin" - St. Paul Saints
- Lemurs Get Blasted In El Paso - Laredo Lemurs
- Late Runs Help AirHogs Put Away Wingnuts - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Diablos Win Suspended Game, Blow Out Lemurs In Second Contest In Front Of Record Crowd - El Paso Diablos
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.