Explorers win 4-2
Sioux City-----Lefthander Richard Salazar had a no-hitter broken up in the seventh inning, but pitched the Explorers to a 4-2 win over Gary SouthShore Thursday at Lewis and Clark Park. Mike Massero singled to right field in the seven inning broke up a no-hitter that Salazar had pitched through six innings. The southpaw gave up a two-out walk in the first inning and then retired the next 16 batters he faced until Massero's single in the seventh. Salazar got all the run support he needed when the Explorers scored their first run in the second inning on a sacrifice fly by Mike Murphy and then the X's scored three runs in the fifth inning on a RBI single by Yusuke Inoguchi and a two-run double by Kris Sanchez that gave the Explorers a 4-0 lead. Ryan Priddy and Mike Bisenius led the Explorers 12-hit attack with three hits apiece. In winning, Salazar picked up his fourth win of the season while Chris Bodishbaugh pitched the ninth inning to record his ninth save of the year. The final game of the four-game series will be Friday at 7:05 at Lewis and Clark Park.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 5, 2012
- Bullpen Bodacious, Bats Still Burnin' as 'Dogs Edge Saints - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Milner, Irvine Help T-Bones Dominate Sioux Falls - Kansas City Monarchs
- Saints Lose Second Straight One Run Game, 9-8, to Saltdogs - St. Paul Saints
- Explorers win 4-2 - Sioux City Explorers
- Former Bird Gus Milner Leads Attack on Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Fish Sunk Early by RedHawks - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- AirHogs Win Tight Game over Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Salazar Shuts Down RailCats in 4-2 Loss - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Final Two Games of Homestand to Pack Plenty of Excitement - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Add Outfielder Miles Durham - St. Paul Saints
- Lawhorn Is Fans' Choice for Top Third Baseman - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Giving 15,000 Fans a Chance to Spend Holiday Weekend at "The Cabin" - St. Paul Saints
- Lemurs Get Blasted In El Paso - Laredo Lemurs
- Late Runs Help AirHogs Put Away Wingnuts - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Diablos Win Suspended Game, Blow Out Lemurs In Second Contest In Front Of Record Crowd - El Paso Diablos
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.