Lemurs Get Blasted In El Paso
El Paso, TX - The El Paso Diablos (14-29) started the fireworks early as they pick up a 22-7 win in a fourth of July romp over the Laredo Lemurs (20-23) at Cohen Stadium in El Paso, Texas
The Diablos got to Lemurs starting pitcher Garrett Sherrill (3-1) early and often as they posted eight runs, on seven hits, in an inning and third.
Leonard Giammanco (0-3) replaced Sherrill in the second and didn't fare much better as he gave up seven runs, on nine hits, in two and two third innings of work.
The Diablos saw everyone in the starting lineup get at least one hit with Welington Dotel leading the team with five hits in six at bats with three RBI. Neilson Teilon pitched in with four hits in five at bats, gaining five RBI.
The Lemurs offense came for Palmer Karr Jr. who blasted a two run homerun in the eighth. Palmer ended the night two for four with three RBI.
Scott Hodsdon (4-1) earned the victory for the Diablos throwing six, giving up eight hits, and three runs, with seven strikeouts.
The Lemurs lost the game that was postponed due to rain on July 3, 3-2 in 10 innings.
The Lemurs start an 11 game home stand on Saturday, July 7th versus the Grand Prairie Airhogs. You can get tickets at the Laredo Lemurs box office, online at www.laredolemurs.com, or by phone at 956- 7LEMURS. All games at Uni-Trade Stadium are set for 7:30pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 5, 2012
- Bullpen Bodacious, Bats Still Burnin' as 'Dogs Edge Saints - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Milner, Irvine Help T-Bones Dominate Sioux Falls - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saints Lose Second Straight One Run Game, 9-8, to Saltdogs - St. Paul Saints
- Explorers win 4-2 - Sioux City Explorers
- Former Bird Gus Milner Leads Attack on Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Fish Sunk Early by RedHawks - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- AirHogs Win Tight Game over Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Salazar Shuts Down RailCats in 4-2 Loss - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Final Two Games of Homestand to Pack Plenty of Excitement - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Add Outfielder Miles Durham - St. Paul Saints
- Lawhorn Is Fans' Choice for Top Third Baseman - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Giving 15,000 Fans a Chance to Spend Holiday Weekend at "The Cabin" - St. Paul Saints
- Lemurs Get Blasted In El Paso - Laredo Lemurs
- Late Runs Help AirHogs Put Away Wingnuts - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Diablos Win Suspended Game, Blow Out Lemurs In Second Contest In Front Of Record Crowd - El Paso Diablos
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.