D.C. United Acquire $50,000 in GAM from Inter Miami CF for Federico Higuain
D.C. United have acquired $50,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) from Inter Miami CF in exchange for midfielder Federico HiguaÃn.
"We want to thank Pipa for his time and commitment to D.C. United," Dave Kasper, D.C. United General Manager and VP of Soccer Operations, said. "Family is important and Federico personally requested to be reunited with his brother Gonzalo in Miami. We wish him the best of luck in the next chapter of his career."
HiguaÃn joined the Black-and-Red as a free agent on March 2, 2020. The 35-year-old made his debut for the club on July 13, 2020 in a 2-2 draw with Toronto FC. He scored his first goal for the club in that match. In total, HiguaÃn scored two goals in 10 appearances (0 starts) for D.C. United. He last appeared for the Black-and-Red as a substitute against the New England Revolution on Sept. 27.
Transaction: D.C. United acquired $50,000 in General Allocation Money in exchange for midfielder Federico HiguaÃn.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 10, 2020
- Atlanta United Falls 1-0 to New York Red Bulls - Atlanta United FC
- Inter Miami CF Defeats Houston Dynamo 1-0 - Inter Miami CF
- Red Bulls Blank Atlanta United Again, 1-0, in 2020 - New York Red Bulls
- Dynamo Fall to Inter Miami CF 1-0 - Houston Dynamo
- Columbus Crew SC Road Match at Orlando City SC Postponed to Later Date - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Dallas' Match vs Minnesota United FC Postponed - FC Dallas
- MLS Postpones Sunday's City Match Due to Positive COVID-19 Cases in Columbus - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United Confirms Positive COVID-19 Cases; Sunday's Match at FC Dallas Postponed - Minnesota United FC
- Major League Soccer Postpones Two Matches - MLS
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Visits Sporting KC on Sunday Night - Nashville SC
- LAFC Faces Seattle Sounders FC Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Orlando City SC Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- D.C. United Acquire $50,000 in GAM from Inter Miami CF for Federico Higuain - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Acquires Veteran Midfielder Federico HiguaÃÂn - Inter Miami CF
- Orlando City SC Statement on Confirmed Positive COVID-19 Test Result - Orlando City SC
- New York Red Bulls Sign 17-Year-Old Caden Clark to MLS Contract - New York Red Bulls
- Minnesota United Acquires $75,000 in General Allocation Money from New York Red Bulls - Minnesota United FC
- Storylines: City and Columbus Race for the Shield - Orlando City SC
- Pareja, Lions Prepare for Major Test from Columbus Crew - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face Columbus Crew SC - Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York City FC - New England Revolution
- Minnesota United FC vs. FC Dallas Preview - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Players, Paul Arriola and Bill Hamid, Selected for USMNT Training Camp
- D.C. United Announce End-Of-Season Roster Decisions
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Jacob Greene as 15th Homegrown Player in Club History
- D.C. United Lose 3-2 to the Montreal Impact in the Final Game of 2020
- D.C. United Lose 4-3 against the New England Revolution on the Road