New York Red Bulls Sign 17-Year-Old Caden Clark to MLS Contract
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls have signed Caden Clark to an MLS contract, the club announced today. Clark, 17, joined NYRB II ahead of the 2020 season. Clark has been added to the MLS roster and will be available immediately.
New York acquired the MLS rights to Clark from Minnesota United FC in exchange for $75,000 in General Allocation Money.
"Caden is a promising young player, and everyone at the club is excited about his growth and the qualities he's shown during his first professional season," said Red Bulls Head of Sport Kevin Thelwell. "He's earned an opportunity to move up to the First Team, and we look forward to his continued growth and development as a player and person."
Clark made 12 appearances for NYRB II in the USL Championship, recording three goals and a team-leading five assists in his first season of professional soccer.
"I'm really excited and honored to be given this opportunity to be with the Red Bulls first team and be a part of this organization," Clark said. "I look forward to the hard work ahead and what the future has in store."
Prior to his time with NYRB II, Clark played for the Barca Residency Academy in Casa Grande, Arizona. The Medina, Minnesota native made 58 appearances and totaled 15 goals for Barca Academy.
Clark has also appeared for U.S. Youth National Teams. He got his start in the United States Soccer Developmental Academy with Minnesota Thunder Academy in 2015.
Transaction: New York Red Bulls sign Caden Clark to an MLS contract on October 10, 2020. The Red Bulls acquired Clark's MLS rights from Minnesota United in exchange for $75,000 in General Allocation Money.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 10, 2020
- Atlanta United Falls 1-0 to New York Red Bulls - Atlanta United FC
- Inter Miami CF Defeats Houston Dynamo 1-0 - Inter Miami CF
- Red Bulls Blank Atlanta United Again, 1-0, in 2020 - New York Red Bulls
- Dynamo Fall to Inter Miami CF 1-0 - Houston Dynamo
- Columbus Crew SC Road Match at Orlando City SC Postponed to Later Date - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Dallas' Match vs Minnesota United FC Postponed - FC Dallas
- MLS Postpones Sunday's City Match Due to Positive COVID-19 Cases in Columbus - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United Confirms Positive COVID-19 Cases; Sunday's Match at FC Dallas Postponed - Minnesota United FC
- Major League Soccer Postpones Two Matches - MLS
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Visits Sporting KC on Sunday Night - Nashville SC
- LAFC Faces Seattle Sounders FC Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Orlando City SC Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- D.C. United Acquire $50,000 in GAM from Inter Miami CF for Federico Higuain - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Acquires Veteran Midfielder Federico HiguaÃÂn - Inter Miami CF
- Orlando City SC Statement on Confirmed Positive COVID-19 Test Result - Orlando City SC
- New York Red Bulls Sign 17-Year-Old Caden Clark to MLS Contract - New York Red Bulls
- Minnesota United Acquires $75,000 in General Allocation Money from New York Red Bulls - Minnesota United FC
- Storylines: City and Columbus Race for the Shield - Orlando City SC
- Pareja, Lions Prepare for Major Test from Columbus Crew - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face Columbus Crew SC - Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York City FC - New England Revolution
- Minnesota United FC vs. FC Dallas Preview - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls Knocked out of MLS Cup Playoffs; Fall to Columbus, 3-2
- New York Travels to Columbus for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Matchup
- New York Red Bulls Players and Pediatric Patients Virtually Design Posters to Mark Five-Year Anniversary of Tackle Kids Cancer
- New York Red Bulls to Face Columbus Crew SC in 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Red Bulls Defeat Toronto, 2-1; Clinch 6th Seed in East